theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 14-11-17, 08:13 AM   #21
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
My clio is a clio RS200 with added supercharger

Did bedford in it yesterday was a great hoon

Out of your list i would pick the megane every day

upload_2017-9-17_17-1-29 by Ross c, on Flickr
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 04:31 PM   #22
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Now that looks awesome! I bet it goes some too.
Yeah, no regrets at all so far for picking the rs 250.
Old 07-03-18, 06:20 PM   #23
ZS Phil

Well that lasted about 20 minutes.
The Renault was great from a performance/ handling point of view, looked good too in my opinion but it was just missing something which I couldn't put my finger on... probably an MG badge.
Anyway, it's gone to make space for a ZT-T v8. Something I've wanted for years. Let's see if this one stays a bit longer!
Old 07-03-18, 07:29 PM   #24
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
Well that lasted about 20 minutes.
The Renault was great from a performance/ handling point of view, looked good too in my opinion but it was just missing something which I couldn't put my finger on... probably an MG badge.
Anyway, it's gone to make space for a ZT-T v8. Something I've wanted for years. Let's see if this one stays a bit longer!
Ooooh! Nice.
I looked for some estates the other week too and they were the first ones I looked for.
Look forward to hearing about it! Won’t be long till you get it modified I imagine.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 09:20 AM   #25
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Nice - I was considering one before I bought the mustang.

If you really were pressed about the Renault - what didn't you like?

Seating position, visibility out, sound of the squeaks and rattles (more or less than an old MG?) etc?

There's always something - I really don't like my mum's MKI TT; find it so claustrophobic and I think visibility out is appalling too.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 03:24 PM   #26
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
its funny when you dont gel with something, i have done that a lot of times
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 06:23 PM   #27
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
The silver one for 10K off the bay of E by any chance .... or have you got it already?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 06:26 PM   #28
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
or .... the 400bhp S charged grey one?

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/sh...ign=trovitcars
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 07:41 PM   #29
ZS Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
Ooooh! Nice.
I looked for some estates the other week too and they were the first ones I looked for.
Look forward to hearing about it! Won’t be long till you get it modified I imagine.
Cheers Callum,
How are you getting on with yours?
I really like the zt platform, even with a diesel engine would make a great daily and if you like your toys plenty of options to retro fit.
At the moment it's pretty much standard SE spec so all the toys. Custom back boxes which look stock and that's it. Other than keeping it in too condition I don't have any real plans for it, I've got the 2 ZSs and 45 to tinker with.
That said, a supercharger would be a good winter project for next year, well see I guess .

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
Nice - I was considering one before I bought the mustang.

If you really were pressed about the Renault - what didn't you like?

Seating position, visibility out, sound of the squeaks and rattles (more or less than an old MG?) etc?

There's always something - I really don't like my mum's MKI TT; find it so claustrophobic and I think visibility out is appalling too.
Honestly, very little I didn't like about the Renault. It was just a bit modern and mainstream. I've wanted a v8 zt for years and can't really explain why, they are slow, thirsty, parts are a nightmare to source and developed on a shoe string budget. It has something in bucket loads though which is so hard to find, charm... and a sound to die for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
its funny when you dont gel with something, i have done that a lot of times
Yeah, I liked the Renault but I didn't love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
The silver one for 10K off the bay of E by any chance .... or have you got it
No, that silver one has been for sale for months. Pov spec and I didn't fancy another silver MG. Plus doesn't look in great condition on the pics.
I did speak with the guy selling the supercharged one but 126k miles and from looking of the 260 site it was sold in March last year for £8000 with an untraceable mechanical noise.. the previous owner replaced all sorts including the gearbox to no avail so sold it cheap. The guy selling it said there is no issue. Sounds like a bit of a gamble so avoided it.
I've bought a black mk2 SE with 66k on the clock, enthusiast owned. It's a gooden to keep in the garage.
Old 08-03-18, 08:16 PM   #30
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
Cheers Callum,
How are you getting on with yours?
I really like the zt platform, even with a diesel engine would make a great daily and if you like your toys plenty of options to retro fit.
At the moment it's pretty much standard SE spec so all the toys. Custom back boxes which look stock and that's it. Other than keeping it in too condition I don't have any real plans for it, I've got the 2 ZSs and 45 to tinker with.
That said, a supercharger would be a good winter project for next year, well see I guess ..

Ha! Supercharged one would be amazing!
I had looked at an st3 focus estate and something German but couldn’t make my mind up but I don’t have to yet.

Mine has come to a bit of a standstill with the weather and me an naomi buying a house.
I got most of the stuff stripped off and got to getting the cams off and managed to snap the inlet cams end piper has said they’ll do me a one off though but I’m unsure as to the price.

The block has a massive hole where cylinder one has gone on holiday.
I need to find a good engine, but it can wait till the new house has gone through.
But if you know of any racers with half decent spares I’d be interested.
I’m imagining I’ll be replacing a lot of stuff on the engine too

All I really need to do is get the engine lifted out.

Going to have a garage and a driveway I can get a couple of cars on so that’s where a workhorse estate came into thought and he ZS will be purely a toy which has been a long time coming.

Probably won’t get to POL this year either.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote