Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 08-06-11, 06:00 PM   #31
SSAuto
www.silverstormai.com

SSAuto is on a distinguished road
Pics and details as promised:

OK, some pics and a little context.

First of all , the car came with no stereo, when i removed the centre console, the wiring was a little...interesting:

So i bought a chopped stereo loom off ebay and set about soldering and heatshrinking:

The original pale grey dash with wood inserts really wasnt in character with the car, so i won a zs mk1 dash with inserts, and doorcadrs for 99p. And an armrest for ?20. Carbon Civic type R gearknob for , and tegiwa shifter extension to bring the knob closer to the steering wheel for spirited driving. The extension wont be fitted until i get the 420 linkage Ross supplied me , down to Pill-Tech for a milder short shift (the one on the car was too short) and UJ mod. The linkage that was ont he car was cut and shut and had alot of flex. But anyway this is what the dash and centre console look like now:

Those eagle eyed viewers will spot the chrome rings around the heater dials, i also have some for the instrument cluster. A vast improvement over the original 416 dash :

Also you may have noticed the new A Pillar defi style Autometer gauges, had to mod the brackets and the gauge holder to get them to fit, as theyre designed for a cup dash stand. Old:

New:

Also replaced the meagre 4 awg battery to boot cable with 0 gauge, the old is red, the new blue:

A job ive been slowly doing is neatening up the engine bay, this consists of in the main, a new ERL kit where all the gubbins sit in the boot, moving the Motec to the suspension turret for now, it will go in car soon, moving a new SPL distribution block into the lower corner of the bay on a chassis rail, and removing the sort of platform that filled the right side of the bay.

How it was with the motec, dimdip resistor, aquamist, coilpack and other bits on a rusty platform.

Ive removed the gas for now which helps. I have now bought an HFS3 waterinjection system with standalone ecu where the majority of the bits sit in the boot, the motec will be moved as said, and the battery to boot dissy block now sits in the corner, im only halfway through but you get the jist of where its going:

Also fitted a fuel pressure gauge to the SYTEC FPR:

Last but not least, a couple of pics with the headlight masks removed, the BBS alloys fitted and the OEM ZS lights fitted, please excuse the lack of skirts but until the majority of the work is done, the aftermarket skirts will stay off:

Next is to finish the neatening of the bay, until i have the money to have it done professionally and make all the wiring as short, neat and tidy as possible. Ive also got a relay block housing that will hold 4 relays , sort of OEM with a clear cover. To tidy up the 3 relays you can see on the right hand inner wing of the bay.
SSAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 06:16 PM   #32
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

And I worry about changing a cam cover gasket.

Good work, all the best with it.

Old 08-06-11, 06:38 PM   #33
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
you kno what without the skirts it looks a load better think u shud leave em off completley

I have no idea what all those wires do or are for lol

Edit: My personal opinion is you shud do something with those awful tailpipes they really bring the the genral look of the rear end down a lot
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 06:41 PM   #34
magpie67

magpie67 is on a distinguished road
Impressive, that is some beast
magpie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 09:23 PM   #35
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Thats quite the engine, but Im not surprised you're rewiring the whole thing if that butchered stereo loom is anything to go by. And 0awg for the battery... hefty lol.
I agree with bobdope2002, you need to do something about that rear end - its got a very 90s fast and furious on a budget look about it, which the car thoroughly doesnt deserve.
Old 08-06-11, 09:29 PM   #36
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
looking good:d id stick some normal 180 sideskirts on and not sure about the spoiler, perhaps a accord spoiler perhaps?
glad your taking the time to tidy everything itll be worth it in the long run
Old 25-07-11, 11:21 PM   #37
SSAuto
www.silverstormai.com

SSAuto is on a distinguished road
Car is now being demodified, if anyone wants owt, get in contact.
SSAuto is offline   Reply With Quote