theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 23-04-15, 11:46 AM   #1
thered180

thered180 is on a distinguished road
Smile Sprintex charger

Would any one happen to know where I can get a sprintex supercharger kit for my mk1 180. Ive got a second car that i use for work now so I can start having a play with the ZS. Im trying to get rid of the plastic inlet manifold as i really dont like it and I was thinking a supercharger might be the route to take for some extra oomph. Any other ideas are welcome.
thered180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 12:07 PM   #2
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Not many about and most not being sold.
Heard about one about £4k on the PoL thread that Nathan (cruizer) had mentioned it to someone.

May look plug and play but be prepared for a lot of work and money to get it to run well and reliably.

Last edited by Skillen; 23-04-15 at 12:13 PM.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 12:32 PM   #3
Deckz

Deckz is on a distinguished road
Good luck.
Deckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 12:50 PM   #4
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
Would the Eaton charger be an alternative route, like the ZS-X was destined for?
Old 23-04-15, 02:37 PM   #5
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
The Eaton blower would be lot more cost effective, but I think you'd need after market management to run it

How much power are you aiming for

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-15, 06:44 AM   #6
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckz View Post
Good luck.
Understatement HAHA

tbh bud the only way you will get one is to wait and see if one comes up for sale. Only a handfull around and mine went abroad.

As pete pointed out thet are not straight forward and require a huge input in both time and money to get running properly.
I know where there is one running with 255fwhp but i doubt he would sell it as no one was prepared to meet his asking price. But the car has had around 10k ploughed into it to get it running that way.

P.
Old 24-04-15, 08:03 AM   #7
thered180

thered180 is on a distinguished road
Hmmm, id like to keep the v6. All i am after really is a little more go. Ive owned the car 6 years now and ive kind of got used to the old girl. So now ive got another car for work, id like to keep her as a project and im not worried about totally stripping the engine as ive no time limit. Thanks for the advice gents. Maybe its better to go down the na route and just enjoy the car aye. Can good performance gains be had using the plastic manifold? Id like a bit more mid range ideally.
thered180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-15, 09:09 AM   #8
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by thered180 View Post
Can good performance gains be had using the plastic manifold? Id like a bit more mid range ideally.

not really, the whole intake system is kak, you would need to remove or relocated the alternator, pas pump first and start with a clean sheet from the heads up.
Its an engine where you would go round in a big circle fixing each weak point then finally realise the whole thing is weak and was never worth it.

Mild tuning is fine tho, it is a big lazy v6 that can be made to give a fat chunk of power (mean average of 160bhp at the hubs) between 5000-7000, it may not sound much in numbers, (but numbers cars aren't always fast) but it makes a lovely drivable motor with great reliability.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-15, 09:10 AM   #9
Deckz

Deckz is on a distinguished road
Pull out the V6 and drop in a t series turbo or even a 1.8t vag engine.
Deckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-15, 12:00 PM   #10
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
I'm sure Steve still has his BTCC throttle bodies if you fancied a bit of a project. And you wouldn't need as deep pockets then if you went the SC route.