theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 23-04-09, 11:50 PM   #21
dave87

dave87 is on a distinguished road
my opinion is......the tf is the nicest car in your fleet. Are the cars you have up for sale going to be replaced with anything?
dave87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-09, 10:03 AM   #22
skyblueads

skyblueads is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gachet180 View Post
What a pointless post. A unique car like Ralph's is worth as much as someone is willing to pay. I say good luck to him with the sale.
It's not a pointless post, if anything, it's a pretty good comparison. The Dark Phatasy car was the only one in that colour, so has a similar rarity to Ralph's ZS-X. I think both cars are stunning, but £7000 is way out of my league! Make sure it goes to an enthusiast Ralph!

1973 MG BGT
2005 MG ZS 120+
skyblueads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-09, 11:20 AM   #23
RalphG

RalphG is on a distinguished road
Every so often I decide to have a change of cars. The time has come for this to happen again. I have a Rover 400 that is being built up at the moment... I have a couple of ideas for another car as well

By how much do those who have gained by war fall short of the number of those who have perished in it? No doubt you will reply that there can be no comparison, that the dead cannot be numbered, while the living who have been rewarded may be summed up with three figures.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-09, 12:02 PM   #24
Andyf

Andyf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What a pointless post. A unique car like Ralph's is worth as much as someone is willing to pay. I say good luck to him with the sale.
It is not a pointless post, It is a fair comparison it is believed the Dark Phantasy one was the only ZS in that colour. I am not the only person in this thread to say £7K is a lot for the car yet I am the only one whose post you think is pointless? Maybe somebody somewhere would pay £20,000 for my car but it doesn't mean it's worth that much.

If Ralph can get £7K for the car then great, I never said I hoped he wouldn't sell it, I just expressed my opinion that I thought it seemed a little steep and showed a similar car for nearly half the price. If you think that's pointless and that the fact it's a ZS-X prototype is worth the extra £3K then that's your opinion.

Last edited by Andyf; 24-04-09 at 12:04 PM.
Andyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-09, 12:34 PM   #25
Craig
Back Again!

Craig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
It is not a pointless post, It is a fair comparison it is believed the Dark Phantasy one was the only ZS in that colour. I am not the only person in this thread to say £7K is a lot for the car yet I am the only one whose post you think is pointless? Maybe somebody somewhere would pay £20,000 for my car but it doesn't mean it's worth that much.

If Ralph can get £7K for the car then great, I never said I hoped he wouldn't sell it, I just expressed my opinion that I thought it seemed a little steep and showed a similar car for nearly half the price. If you think that's pointless and that the fact it's a ZS-X prototype is worth the extra £3K then that's your opinion.
Well said mate!

Craig Darroch

Create your badge
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-09, 06:35 PM   #26
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Cars worth what someone wants to pay, good luck to Ralph, it may help to keep the price up for other 180's.
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-09, 09:52 AM   #27
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Car's are always for sale for the right money ............. £10K and you can have mine.

Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-09, 11:18 AM   #28
Gachet180

Gachet180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It is not a pointless post, It is a fair comparison it is believed the Dark Phantasy one was the only ZS in that colour. I am not the only person in this thread to say £7K is a lot for the car yet I am the only one whose post you think is pointless?
You were the only person to post up pictures of another car and make a point of the lower selling price. The person selling that one might have priced it low as he was desperate to sell for any number of reasons.
Old 25-04-09, 12:22 PM   #29
Andyf

Andyf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwilson80 View Post
Spec isn't that much different to one that sold recently for in the region of £6000. Monogram paint isn't cheap so i guess the question is: 'Is the monogram paint worth £1000?'

I do like it though and would be tempted if i didn't already have one. Am sure there'd be a bit of 'room to manouver' as well.
Quote:
You were the only person to post up pictures of another car and make a point of the lower selling price. The person selling that one might have priced it low as he was desperate to sell for any number of reasons.
Really?
Old 25-04-09, 12:34 PM   #30
Gachet180

Gachet180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Quote:
Really?
I didn't see any pictures in that post.