Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 04-07-09, 07:46 AM   #61
ReidyRemapsLtd

ReidyRemapsLtd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMoNPauL View Post
Why has it took you so long to do this?

When can we see one of your mapped cars at Santa pod or on a trackday etc to see if your mapping actually works?

The only way you will gain any trust is by real time recording etc
I dont understand what you mean by why has it tok me so long to do this?

I will be at santa pad from the 31st of july for ultimate street car and will bring my mapping kit along although mapping the zs 180 for max power can't be done unless on a dyno anyone who says it can is just looking to make money not provide a service.

Although there is a dyno at santa pod for this event.

At the end of the day i dont hide anything you can see every map being changed by me sat next to the car on the dyno then watch me load it into the car and do another power run, the cars are never done first time and sometimes it takes up to 15 times for me to be happy I cant get anymore.

Cheers Matt
ReidyRemapsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 08:05 AM   #62
idge2003

idge2003 will become famous soon enough
Matt when funds allow I will be heading your way I've heard enough to make my mind up and to be fair the extra power will be nice but my main reason would be to get the fueling right as I understand this can be thrown out with mods!

Brett
MGF Steering wheel
MGTF LE500 Gear knob
Scorpion Tuner S/S cat-back
Straights in anthracite
idge2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 08:12 AM   #63
ReidyRemapsLtd

ReidyRemapsLtd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by idge2003 View Post
Matt when funds allow I will be heading your way I've heard enough to make my mind up and to be fair the extra power will be nice but my main reason would be to get the fueling right as I understand this can be thrown out with mods!

Brett

No problem my contact details are all on my website so just give me a call or txt when you are ready.

Cheers Matt
ReidyRemapsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 08:30 AM   #64
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReidyRemapsLtd View Post
No problem my contact details are all on my website so just give me a call or txt when you are ready.

Cheers Matt
http://www.reidyremaps.co.uk/
Old 04-07-09, 08:40 AM   #65
SticklesMickles

SticklesMickles is on a distinguished road
I keep meaning to hook up my LC-1 wideband and do a few logging runs to see how my cars fuelling is doing, but always forget all about it when i am back at work

I am wondering what the results would be if somebody butchered an inlet, removed all the VIS crap and then redid the map from scratch as a proper non VIS map.

I downloaded the demo for WINols although you seam to be limited with it as you cant actually use it without the OBD2 lead, which i have still not bought lol

Last edited by SticklesMickles; 04-07-09 at 08:42 AM.
SticklesMickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 09:04 AM   #66
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Matt was intending to do this but would require a car for a couple of weeks. They do have a Rover 75 KV6 but the engine was found to be duff.

If you wish to remove all of the vis system why not use an 800 manifold? Not sure what ecu the 800 uses but it can't be far off the same specification you are describing.

As for new plenums I am waiting on the results of Lunar Racing's R&D one, but there is no project plan for that, so no kowing when this will be, if ever.
Old 04-07-09, 09:32 AM   #67
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMoNPauL View Post
Why has it took you so long to do this?

When can we see one of your mapped cars at Santa pod or on a trackday etc to see if your mapping actually works?

The only way you will gain any trust is by real time recording etc
or buy word of a 180 owwner that has noticed a difference, why cant people take other people's word. there are 3 or 4 people on here that have had the remap done and all have noticed a difference. isnt that good enough??

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 10:39 AM   #68
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
You'll never be able to please everyone, there will always be sceptics regarding certain areas of the KV6. I too was sucked into this train of thought until I snapped out of it and decided to find out for myself. I soon found out that there was no evidence to back up the claims that it was fruitless in search of remapping.

As the old saying goes 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating'.
Old 04-07-09, 10:41 AM   #69
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
You simply can't please everyone, and some will try to find out every single morsle detail for...no reason what so ever. Just to try and catch the mapper out. At the end of the day the results are proven and theres no real solid reason not too do it. It's not asif it's another supercharger scenario is it
Old 04-07-09, 10:55 AM   #70
stamford
Site Owner

When I spoke to Matt regarding using my car as the test bed I did so knowing full well the opinions of owners and tuners alike.

We both went into this session with an open mind and seeing what was available within the standard map and then interrogating it in order to tweak where possible without compromising the quality. The bottom line here is if the session proved to be unsuccessful I would not be charged for the days work. Obviously as an engineer I was watching the work in progress and getting an understanding on what was being done and the cause and effect.

If I had any doubts about Matt's work I would not have gone through with it, but why would I doubt a fellow professional? He has had alot of success on other remaps therefore had the upmost respect for his work. It's a pity some people doubt this just because he has succeeded. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes and mind is all that is required, sometimes you can be too close to something to see it.