theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 09-04-17, 02:54 PM   #11
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
We all have them times with cars. Hopefully it will work out

sorry to hear about your Mum.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-17, 03:08 PM   #12
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Sorry to hear about your family, but agreed when the cars irritate you take a step back....

Hope you don't do what I did with the past 2 days.... Not that the days were bad, but gave myself sunstroke yesterday that kicked in late last night

did an 8 mile hike in the black mountains on Friday, but didn't quite have enough water with me, then dug out yet another part of the garden yesterday, put sun-cream on face, neck and arms at the start, forgot I'd not done by back and took my shirt off..... it's pretty tender today so had to hide from the sun :'(
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-17, 03:14 PM   #13
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Sorry to hear about your mum Mick. As said by others, family comes first.
Know how you feel about cars, when I look back over some of my posts when I first got XPG, it was all doom and gloom. Again, posting more to vent my frustration without thinking first! I was hoping to take her to POL but sadly not this year. May pop over in the ZT or 3 though.
Old 09-04-17, 03:38 PM   #14
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Thanks for the comments. Had a better day, did a few things this morning as planned. A neighbour offered assistance if I wanted it. So I got pushed outside. A fresh look at the situation, moved the car and decided to work on the offside. My neighbour Pete (must have been a omen there!) swung the dead blow mallet whilst I held the 4x4 bit of wood, managed to get it on some more. Still around 5/16" short but thought ****** it, it'll have to do. Made up a fill-in piece and covered the piece that may still blow. Got the rest of the system attached then tightened each joint until I got it sitting right. All good and no blowing! Off out for a test drive, fingers crossed. Car booked in this Thursday for final work. Feel shattered though. A lazy evening ahead and a cold beer!
Old 09-04-17, 07:27 PM   #15
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Day has not ended. Just back from mums. Had to call 999, chest pains etc. Nothing wrong, her dementia is causing anxiety problems. They checked everything, ECG etc. Having a cold ale now! What a weekend
Old 09-04-17, 11:18 PM   #16
LukeZS96

LukeZS96 is on a distinguished road
Terribly sorry to hear about your mum. Dementia is a horrible and painful illness for all involved. We all need to take a step back now and again. I work on cars all day every day and there are days when I can't even look at any of my own cars I do be that sick of them especially after a bad day in the workshop. Like has been said take a step back spend as much time with family as you want and do a few other things and don't burst straight back into working on the car after getting over a problem. Take it back up in small doses otherwise when you stumble across another hurdle you will be back to square 1
LukeZS96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 08:16 AM   #17
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Glad that the car looks to be bodgable for the MOT and that you got a helping hand - always makes things a little easier I find!

And sorry to hear it's dementia for you mum, went through very similar with my nana not too long ago - it was harder to watch her mind deteriorate, than it was to watch the cancer's she didn't tell us about finish her off (for me anyway).

You have my sympathies it is a very difficult thing to go through.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 08:37 PM   #18
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
......Off out today, break from cars, picking up doors for next weekends DIY, fish and chip lunch and see what happens next. I 'might' go outside if pushed by swmbo, she has hinted at it, just wish I had a pit!
Fish and chips at the café on the beach at Goring (Worthing) was the carrot to get Mrs TC to take a drive out for the first time in over a year. Not sure why she doesn't drive more often, she had great fun.

When we got home she wanted input on planning some changes to the garden but I managed to get a couple of hours on dropping the front subframe from the F, I'm changing to TF LE500 suspension.