theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 24-02-17, 02:22 PM   #21
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Good Luck with it.
Old 24-02-17, 05:24 PM   #22
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb 180 View Post
Oooops! Nasty! What Master Cylinder is fitted. Has dual circuitry been interfered with?

Should have been left with two working wheels and half a pedal.
One of the front hoses on my first car, a Lada 1200, burst when I was sitting outside my girlfriend (now ex wife of 15 years), I was pumping the brake peddle subconsciously when it suddenly went to the floor.

Wisely I didn't say anything but coxed the car half a mile home and sorted it in the morning.
Old 24-02-17, 05:26 PM   #23
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
Fingers crossed for an easy fix to get it back on the road soon.
Good luck.
Old 24-02-17, 09:19 PM   #24
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Well the problem was.........

Flexi rubbing on the driveshaft!

Seems that where it was when I put the suspension back on last isn't where it stayed and it moved its way through its retainer which isn't fixed to the pipe and gave it a enough slack to touch the driveshaft and then eventually rub through. Must have been that way a while :/

Glad to say it wasn't the calipers! And should be an easy sort out once I order the pipes again and this time I'll be putting a cable tie each side of the retaining thingy to stop it moving!

I'll order the ZS to Clio lines at the same time as it may as well happen soon and do a test fit of those tomorrow along with try and get the rear braided lines on too,.

Easier said than done with brake lines though.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-17, 11:34 AM   #25
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
glad its sorted and least it went in the best place to get it safe.