AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 16-02-11, 01:13 PM   #11
nick_1973

nick_1973 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
...........Alternativly you can dismantle the lights and remove the orange IIRC.
How true is this, would save a load of cash?
nick_1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-11, 02:04 PM   #12
mgzsturbo2008

mgzsturbo2008 is on a distinguished road
I got some for sale ?20 each or ?45 posted for the pair
mgzsturbo2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-11, 07:14 PM   #13
Mr ZS180

Mr ZS180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1973 View Post
Its what Im gonna do when it stops flippin raining. Its not too bad a job really. You have to take the headlights out if you want to replace them anyway and all you have to do is heat up the sealant, prise the lamps apart (clips hold it together too) then remove the orange filters, clean off the old sealant and put new stuff on there (any will work, even household) and put them back together. Longest part is getting the bumper off probably.
Mr ZS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-11, 09:14 AM   #14
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
They wont fit the ZS, you need Rover 45 lights - http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=r....c0.m270.l1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismyatt82 View Post
Hehe, wrong again!

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=r....c0.m270.l1313

You need Headlamps!
Not so, my link DOES have the desired items amoungsed all the bulbs, leveling switches and other bits of shiit, wasn't going to waste my time filtering it all!
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-11, 09:16 AM   #15
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
..............Alternativly you can dismantle the lights and remove the orange IIRC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1973 View Post
I know it can be done, not sure how hard it is as I've not tried.
Old 20-02-11, 09:18 AM   #16
talkingcars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr ZS180 View Post
Its what Im gonna do when it stops flippin raining. Its not too bad a job really. You have to take the headlights out if you want to replace them anyway and all you have to do is heat up the sealant, prise the lamps apart (clips hold it together too) then remove the orange filters, clean off the old sealant and put new stuff on there (any will work, even household) and put them back together. Longest part is getting the bumper off probably.
I understand if you put the lights in a low oven (no, you idiot, I mean low tempreture, not close to the ground low!) for a few minutes it softens the sealent.
Old 20-02-11, 10:26 AM   #17
ramdonice

ramdonice is on a distinguished road
i only just scrapped a rover 45 2 weeks before i got my zed, if i knew i was getting a zed i would have saved some bits, i wasn't looking for a zed or even a car for that matter i was just offered a swap for my car so i accepted it