theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 28-06-08, 03:28 PM   #1
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
ZS 180 Series 1 compared to Series 2.

Considering taking a Mk1 180, and some cash for my Mk 2 180 to pay off some debt, or buy a motorbike.

I prefer the look of the Mk 2 but when driving .... is there any difference between them ? Anyone got experience of them and care to give some advice ?

I guess the next bit is ..... anyone fancy it ????

Cheers

Dan.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-08, 04:19 PM   #2
Mat C
Who watches the Watchmen?

Mat C is on a distinguished road
I've owned both and in my opinion there is absolutely no difference in the real world. On a track the MK2 feels a bit sharper on steering response but who cares about on track when your main purpose is for commuting etc ?!

And when you are driving it you don't notice the difference in looks (both of which are a nice design in their own rights) but you do notice 2 things inside - the MK1 is better screwed together and feels more solid and substantial but the MK2 seems more comfortable purely down to it's more modern layout and climate control. Personaly, i wouldn't feel hard done by if i had to sell my MK2 180 and go back to a MK1 180

Last edited by Mat C; 28-06-08 at 04:21 PM.
Mat C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-08, 04:24 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat C View Post
I've owned both and in my opinion there is absolutely no difference in the real world. On a track the MK2 feels a bit sharper on steering response but who cares about on track when your main purpose is for commuting etc ?!

And as you say, when you are driving it you don't notice the looks but you do notice 2 things inside - the MK1 is better screwed together and feels more solid and substantial but the MK2 seems more comfortable purely down to it's more modern layout and climate control. Personaly, i wouldn't feel hard done by if i had to sell my MK2 180 and go back to a MK1 180
Thanks .... that's what I hoped for performance wise. I really rate the engine. Pulls well in all gears and is good enough on fuel for me. I don't use the climate anyway .... so old fashioned A/C would do me fine.
Old 28-06-08, 04:28 PM   #4
Mat C

Could be just the ticket for you then if you want to keep a 180 and free up some ££££s !! Good luck with it

May i offer 1 piece of advice with regards to selling your car ? Remove the union jack vinyl on the roof. Any punter, wether they like it or not will say it puts them off buying it so they will haggle you down. Trust me, i did with mine as it had nasty twin silver viper stripes head to toe !
Old 28-06-08, 05:32 PM   #5
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
tbh if you were thinking of saving money a mk1 120 or td would be a better option. i dont think there is to much valve difference in the mk1 and mk2 at the moment anyway
afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-08, 08:06 PM   #6
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Could be just the ticket for you then if you want to keep a 180 and free up some ££££s !! Good luck with it

May i offer 1 piece of advice with regards to selling your car ? Remove the union jack vinyl on the roof. Any punter, wether they like it or not will say it puts them off buying it so they will haggle you down. Trust me, i did with mine as it had nasty twin silver viper stripes head to toe !

Thanks for the advice. I'm not selling out of a real need though, and will keep it as is .... that's the thing. I like the car and will keep it happily. If however, someone were to come along with a decent Mk1 and a couple of K, (because i reckon there is a difference value wise), I'd have it. I'm not bothered about saving money in running costs. The V6 is the one for me. It's actually having the cash now to either settle up with the old man, or buy a bike.
Old 28-06-08, 08:10 PM   #7
Mat C

I agree with you, there's deafinatley a premium that SHOULD be commanded for the MK2 - it's rarer and better equipped and of course newer.
Old 28-06-08, 08:14 PM   #8
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Were you not trying to sell yours a while ago ?
Old 28-06-08, 08:27 PM   #9
Mat C

I was considering it but i never went ahead with it - i'm going to keep it for a while but if something good was to come along i'd go for it !
Old 28-06-08, 09:51 PM   #10
Z Scotland

Z Scotland is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree with you, there's deafinatley a premium that SHOULD be commanded for the MK2 - it's rarer and better equipped and of course newer.
But not aswell put together and more rust underneath.

MG ZS 180
Z Scotland is offline   Reply With Quote