theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-10-07, 09:40 AM   #1
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
This last week is going to be hell

well my car has decided that since I'm getting rid of it on Friday that this last week is going to be total hell

Spent all weekend stripping it down to almost standard.

First I couldn't find the standard wheel nuts... or the centre caps so spent ages looking for them. Then the standard air box wouldn't bolt back on right so que more hours of fiddling around. Eventually got everything else back to normal. Getting the manifold out proved to be a big head ache without a ramp as I couldn't get the car high enough up to drop it out. Get there in the end!

Day two was stripping out all the electrics and ICE. What a drama that turned out to be. Had to take the whole centre of the dash out to get the wiring for my snooper and CD changer out, take the back seats out and all the trim down both sides of the car to get the amp wiring out and then try and put it all back in.

Now this is the funny part. I was over at KevG's as he was giving me a hand to do all this (huuuuuuuuge thanks to Kev for all the hard work, I couldn't have done it without you!) and to get the engine management light turned off.

So we put in a cheap HU and take my fancy one out... and it won't work. Then the clock starts fading and the boot open light starts pulsing on and off.... and the engine light goes out on it's own!!! Very weird. Eventually get the sterio working so pack up and then lock the car... when the horn goes off like it does when a door isn't shut right. All doors checked and all is ok... then the boot popper refuses to work unless the car is locked and all the doors are shut!!! To top it all the boot open light comes on when you open any of the doors and the clock goes off. Very very very weird. But then the sterio started working!

Eventually we decided just to rip the HU out and leave it out but it was still being weird. Traced it back to a fuse that had blown under the dash so I think we must have gotten the power wires mixed up.

It all seems to be working fine now but I'm left with no tunes for my drive down to Manchester

And the icing on the cake? Booked it in for it's 2nd service before it goes at...... wait for it........ £180!!!!!!!!!! And that's discounted from the £240 it should be because I know some people at the garage

Good grief

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote