theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-03-14, 10:58 PM   #1
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
A Racing car is Born

Might be a tad old hat for some but I've just been mucking bout with my Sky planner and found something I forgot I set for record
A racing car is born,Marc Evans basically claiming to have build another thing himself, Westfield kit car
HOWEVER- This episode I was quite chuffed to see was with the ZR from Morrisons Garage that ran a tuned kV6 with throttle body's
The TV programme was from Years ago, but I see this same ZR still getting flung round Knockhill not so long ago, lost most of it's Oomph but still nice to see on TV an MG highly rated, Tuned KV6 ZR or TF mmmmmm temptation
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 08:08 AM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

MG Lifestyle have put a KV6 into a ZR and a TF.

Cost you a few bob though!!

Old 07-03-14, 08:21 AM   #3
big_wasa

big_wasa has a spectacular aura aboutbig_wasa has a spectacular aura about
I am being told a standard K series turbo can be mapped on the 135 mems ecu and a stand alone boost controller to 220bhp and made to fit the TF.

Any one got any experience ?
big_wasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 09:13 AM   #4
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
MG Lifestyle have put a KV6 into a ZR and a TF.

Cost you a few bob though!!

Was just wishful thinking out loud after a large nightcap,
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 09:50 AM   #5
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_wasa View Post
I am being told a standard K series turbo can be mapped on the 135 mems ecu and a stand alone boost controller to 220bhp and made to fit the TF.

Any one got any experience ?
Not any personal experience, but on the TF the heat generated side would be a concern of mine - and I am pretty sure it would need some elements of cutting to make a turbo fit in there, not a job for the faint hearted!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 07:19 PM   #6
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
IIRC the bulkhead needs fettling for the turbo to fit and the subframe needs trimming to fit the exhaust.
Old 07-03-14, 07:29 PM   #7
big_wasa

big_wasa has a spectacular aura aboutbig_wasa has a spectacular aura about
Ive been told just the subframe needs notching. I will have to see if I can find a cheap one to play with.
big_wasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 08:29 PM   #8
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
I remember the bonkers powered tf doing demo laps around knockhill.it spent more time facing the wrong way and that was with Anthony Reid behind the wheel it was just crazy that car and aye Marcus that wee zr was still belting around knockhill when we were last up with the track car.we spoke to the guy for ages about it.
Old 08-03-14, 08:07 AM   #9
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
Aye she used to be a belter back in the day
Old 08-03-14, 09:09 AM   #10
Cally180

Cally180 is on a distinguished road
What Zr at Knockhill we taking about?
Cally180 is offline   Reply With Quote