theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 28-09-09, 09:51 PM   #11
will-w

will-w is on a distinguished road
Well from what I can tell there's only one fuse for the whole lot, and that's fine...

Have had the bulb holders out, made sure all of the contacts are close and the bulbs are connected, and that's fine...

I've noticed that the cabling is held together using blue insulation tape, I have yet to investigate this any further and cannot find my multimeter to test to see if it's live..

As for the rear light, god knows why that's not working.. I've checked all of the connections on the lighting board but there's nothing I can see wrong...

I can't seem to find the earthing point though, so this could be the issue!

Derv power baby!

will-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-09, 09:58 PM   #12
Paul ZS120

Paul ZS120 is on a distinguished road
hit it harder and harder til it decides to work - i fix everything that way. only tool i own is a lump hammer
Paul ZS120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-09, 10:01 PM   #13
will-w

will-w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul ZS120 View Post
hit it harder and harder til it decides to work - i fix everything that way. only tool i own is a lump hammer
Have tried that... I nearly put my fist through the light housing though.

It's driving me NUTS!

Derv power baby!

will-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-09, 09:41 AM   #14
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wink

[QUOTE=will-w;

As for the rear light, god knows why that's not working.. I've checked all of the connections on the lighting board but there's nothing I can see wrong...

I can't seem to find the earthing point though, so this could be the issue![/QUOTE]

The earth wire on mine is the second connector (cant remember from which end, doh!!) but if you follow the connectors up into the bulb holder you can see that they are insulated and stop before the metal part that holds the bulb, the second connector just stops at the main metal part of the bulb holder. Thats where my troble was, I cleaned that connector up, bit of wd40, but it stilled needed pulling and pushing on the wires that go into the connector.

Sounds like the blue tape could be hiding a dodgy connector, or join. I suppose you could get some little clips and go from a good earth onto the main part of the holder to see if the earth is the problem.

peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote