AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 07-05-14, 12:46 PM   #1
Jason04r

Jason04r is on a distinguished road
Mpg?

Your thoughts...

Filled up 20 euros of 95 fuel which works out around 15 liters , I just did 88km( 54 Miles ) of mix city and dual carriageways, slow driving , nothing over 70mph , changing up before 3,000RPM and slow throttle inputs , AC off as theres no liquid in the system , im in the red again..

Filled up when the needle was touching the red and light was on , so say around 16-17 litres to 50 miles does this seem the norm?
Jason04r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 01:09 PM   #2
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
That seems to work out at about 18mpg, not great, are the tyre pressures ok, and brakes not binding at all.

A more accurate measure for mpg is brimming the tank and recording the mileage, then when it needs another fill, brim it again and record the mileage that'll give a better overall figure.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 01:24 PM   #3
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I quite often get as low as 18mpg ��

Join www.fuelly.com , there are several ZS's on there.
Old 07-05-14, 01:39 PM   #4
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Something not right there I reckon.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 02:00 PM   #5
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
When I had the Scangauge set up to monitor mpg, I saw as low as 9mpg,- 6000rpm in second gear

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 02:35 PM   #6
Deckz

Deckz is on a distinguished road
Worked mine out at 32mpgs

48litres or 10.6 gallon and my 180 will do 350miles. Mixed driving around town and dual carriageway. Full stainless from the cat back (twin exit) and induction filter.
Deckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 05:58 PM   #7
Jason04r

Jason04r is on a distinguished road
Front 35psi
Rear 30psi
^ from rovers owners manual.

Sounds like a small amount of brake rubbing , pads just rubbing on the disks .. goes away after a short amount of time ... wheels spin freely when jacked ..

Noticed a clicking noise which sounds like the injectors or around that area on the front bank. I'm at 92km and still just above the red line , depends if I'm going uphill or down hill lol
Jason04r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 06:25 PM   #8
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Clicking could be the purge valve.

For a true idea you do really need to keep records over a longer period than 1 fill.

I've had as good as 400 miles to a tank and as bad as 185 but keeping long term records will show any abnormalities.
Old 08-05-14, 07:28 PM   #9
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
That seems to work out at about 18mpg, not great
I've seen mpg like that when I had a faulty pre cat lambda sensor. But, that would throw out a code.
Old 08-05-14, 09:50 PM   #10
talkingcars

I added last weeks holiday fuel to my www.fuelly.com records at lunch time.

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/talkin...s-2?fu=4921350

As I have no clocked up 10k on the car (in a year) I flicked through the entries, of the 48 entries there are 6 at under 20mpg. Conversally there are 7 at over 30 mpg. Average is 27.3MPG.

With the same car the previos owner covered 6k, never acheived 30mpg and managed to get down to 16mpg on one tank full. Their average was 27.3.

My mk1 averaged 25mpg over 18 months.