theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 22-09-10, 10:48 AM   #1
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
Are 180 kitted MK2 120's hard to come by?

As above really?

I don't really post on here but thought it'd be the place to ask. I don't know whether I'm getting restless or not, but have been having thoughts of getting shot of the BRM and getting a MK2 ZS. It would HAVE to have the 180 kit, but I'd only be looking for a 120, so are they rare or are there plenty about?
Old 22-09-10, 10:53 AM   #2
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
As above really?

I don't really post on here but thought it'd be the place to ask. I don't know whether I'm getting restless or not, but have been having thoughts of getting shot of the BRM and getting a MK2 ZS. It would HAVE to have the 180 kit, but I'd only be looking for a 120, so are they rare or are there plenty about?
They are pretty common Adam tbh, just that sometimes there are a few on the go and other times none lol Just from what I have seen in the ads, hatches seem more common than saloons in this spec.

Just a thought but do you really want rid of your BRM? With all that you have put into it and how long you have had her, i think you may regret getting shot of it for a 120 ZS. I know you got your track beastie but thats a totally different kettle o fish
Old 22-09-10, 10:59 AM   #3
adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
They are pretty common Adam tbh, just that sometimes there are a few on the go and other times none lol Just from what I have seen in the ads, hatches seem more common than saloons in this spec.
That's another thing I'd have to check, what are the differences between the Hatch and Saloon apart from the boot of course?

Quote:
Just a thought but do you really want rid of your BRM? With all that you have put into it and how long you have had her, i think you may regret getting shot of it for a 120 ZS. I know you got your track beastie but thats a totally different kettle o fish
Well I'm undecided to be honest. I've probably put the best part of ?10k into the car (including buying her but not including servicing, etc). I could sell as standard and get a lot of money for the parts though.

My thinking behind a 120 is that I've already got ITB's, a VVC head, etc sitting at home and I fancy something a bit stripped out which I can't do with the BRM.
Old 22-09-10, 11:05 AM   #4
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
That's another thing I'd have to check, what are the differences between the Hatch and Saloon apart from the boot of course?
They are only different from the C pillar back, hatch is mair flexible with it's wider opening. Saloon has bigger boot, but more restricive opening, seats fold down in both - iirc flat in the hatch. When you fold seats down in saloon you won't get full width of car to slot things through into passenger compartment as there are bulkheads intruding in from the sides Oh an sallon looks better

Quote:
Well I'm undecided to be honest. I've probably put the best part of ?10k into the car (including buying her but not including servicing, etc). I could sell as standard and get a lot of money for the parts though.

My thinking behind a 120 is that I've already got ITB's, a VVC head, etc sitting at home and I fancy something a bit stripped out which I can't do with the BRM.
I like that thinking an the 4 pot K's do apparently have better handling due to the lighter lump up front, just would seem a pity tto get shot of the BRM but only you can decide I suppose
Old 22-09-10, 11:08 AM   #5
adam

Cheers for all that info!

So what kind of price would a 180 kitted MK2 120 go for? Must admit I'm completely noobish with regards to prices these days.
Old 22-09-10, 11:12 AM   #6
gsinclairzs

gsinclairzs is on a distinguished road
I paid ?2200 in Dec.

2004 ZS120+
Lowered (30mm Moto-builds)
Fog Lamps
MK 1 Door cards
MK 1 Sill plates
Rear Headrests
180 Body-kit
11 Spokes
Extreme & Lip Spoilers
Drilled & Grooved Discs, Front & Rear
K&N Filter Panel
Lotus Cam Cover
Chrome Dial & Heater Rings
gsinclairzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-10, 11:12 AM   #7
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Cheers for all that info!

So what kind of price would a 180 kitted MK2 120 go for? Must admit I'm completely noobish with regards to prices these days.

TBH I aint that up on prices these days, probably not wanting to depress myself lol It does seem that the smaller engined models hold their prices far better than the 180's due to planet huggin For what they cost it is worth getting the best you can afford as price wise they are all very cheap
Old 22-09-10, 11:14 AM   #8
adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
due to planet huggin

To be honest condition isn't a big issue, all I'd care about is that the external bodywork is good.

Other than that the interior would be going anyway and the engine would have a complete strip and rebuild, so even mileage isn't an issue.
Old 22-09-10, 11:20 AM   #9
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

On pistonheads they seem to start at 3K but sure there a far cheaper oot there Rosszr's old ane is for sale already http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2002301.htm
Old 22-09-10, 11:21 AM   #10
adam

Lovely colour that