theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-07-10, 01:43 PM   #1
Tony10

Tony10 is on a distinguished road
Some help please! Renault (Clio related)

My wife now runs a 2004 renault clio 1.5 dci. I need to do some work on it brakes front and back and a wheel bearing needs doing. I have been looking through the parts I need and I have become a bit stuck with the shoes for the drum brakes.

How do I work out f the rear drum brakes are ABS type or not? this appears to make a difference to the shoe choice.

Does anyone know of an online motor factors where I can use my reg to search for parts? ensuring the right products are selected for example?

Many Thanks

Tony

MG ZS180 176bhp Standard

Tony10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-10, 01:53 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I never knew ABS worked on rear drum brakes.

Most motor factors run a reg based system to identify correct parts against the chassis number.
Old 06-07-10, 02:11 PM   #3
Tony10

I didnt think that the ABS worked on drum either however I have 4 clear choices from my supplier depending on drum size which I can measure and ABS type or not.

MG ZS180 176bhp Standard

Old 06-07-10, 02:17 PM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Well the last car I owned with rear drums was probably older than ABS! Guess it'll need ABS to stop the rear from stepping out in some cases.

Does the supplier have all four options on the shelf? If so take a pair of removed shoes in to match up. Other than that I don't know how they sense ABS on rear drums tbh. There must be a sensor in the backplate, have you checked for this? Wiring near the backplate will be a giveaway as that is all it could be if it is drum/shoe related spec.
Old 06-07-10, 02:30 PM   #5
Tony10

Thanks man. Sorted now. I dont have the car at work with me or I would have checked the back plate its a desktop ordering exercise. I called my mate at a local Renault dealers and he looked up the Reg number.

No ABS on my version so that sorts that out. However it is an option on some models not common though. I do have ABS on the car so I assume that this is only on the front not the rear.

Thanks for help mate.

Busy SAT for me, front brakes, rear drums and shoes and a wheel bearing to be done in a morning preasure is on!

I love cars!!!!

MG ZS180 176bhp Standard

Old 06-07-10, 04:32 PM   #6
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
my cars got abs front and rear and its got drums,