theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 31-05-12, 03:00 PM   #1
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Not another PCN

This time for parking in the university, whilst displaying a ticket. Admittedly I had scratched the ticket incorrectly. Just written the transport department an email to express my feelings towards the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pissed Off Motorist View Post

To Whom it concerns,

Today 31-05-12 I received a PCN whilst parked in car park 20, the reason for this was "Invalid Permit"
Ref no: 0000907338
Vehicle Reg: BX54 RGY

I had a ticket displayed in the windscreen although realised I had scratched off days 5 and 31 rather than May. Having looked at my phone I'd seen the date displayed as 31-05. With May being the 5th month not thinking I'd scratch the 5 from the day area.

I realise this may been seen as trying to get away with using a ticket twice, however it still connected to a strip of 4 that I had used the rest of the week. That clearly show the other dates I had used the car park, 24th May, 25th May, 28th May. It is clear to see the strip of four tickets folded over on the pictures that were taken off the car, at the time the ticket was issued.

I feel that this shows that I meant no deception by displaying the wrongly scratched ticket. For this reason I feel that the parking charge should be dropped.

I would be happier to pay the fine if I felt that the regulations were enforced with some sort of consistency. I would like to point you at the terms "Vehicles will be deemed to have infringed parking policy if they are: not parked in a designated car park or parking bay" "not parked within the post and rail system in car park 20" I have lost count of the number of times that the car park has been full only to come across a number of cars that look as if they were driven by a blind person, parked at a 30 degree angle in the middle of two bays, about a meter from the rails. Or cars that have made up their own spaces by parking at the end of a row. Yet I am yet to see these infringements being plastered with tickets.

I realise that the university has to raise fees some how and that motorists are an easy way to do this. I also understand that the car park will no doubt cost the university a fair amount each year and that there are dogs body parking attendants who's wages have to be covered.

However when you pay for car parking you would at least expect to be provided with a car park of which road surface is unusable. I use the term road very lightly as I'm sure you will know car park 20 is a little less than a collection of small creators. That have often caused me to catch my cars bumper on whilst trying to navigate to a parking space. I find the fact that the university feel it is fair for such poor parking facilities to be chargeable slightly unbelievable they should in fact be thankful that people are not charging them for any damaged cause to their vehicles.

Regardless of your decision to drop or uphold this PCN, I will be using retail sites nearby to park unconnected to the university in future. As I have had enough of helping fund the universities sustainable Travel Plan.

Kind Regards

James
Wonder how they respond. Better get the bike up and running properly so I can park right outside the lecture theatre.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-12, 03:08 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I would say a little reserved in that reply, mine would have been more brutal.

Are they allowed to fine you for this? Some are not and it is illegal. The wife had an issue with overstaying her limit, a bit hard as she was waiting for the AA to arrive! A fine came in the post, I told them the issue and sent them proof and told them to whistle for the fees and see you in court. Never heard a thing back, to$$ers!
Old 31-05-12, 03:08 PM   #3
Jono-MG

Jono-MG is on a distinguished road
Zed Envy tbh whats the fine?
Old 31-05-12, 03:12 PM   #4
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
I would say a little reserved in that reply, mine would have been more brutal.

Are they allowed to fine you for this? Some are not and it is illegal. The wife had an issue with overstaying her limit, a bit hard as she was waiting for the AA to arrive! A fine came in the post, I told them the issue and sent them proof and told them to whistle for the fees and see you in court. Never heard a thing back, to$$ers!
Im not sure, I would contest it further but Ive got 2 years left and fear the uni may get shitty or something. Plus Ive seen them clamp cars. Ive very tempted to keep using it whilst keeping some bolt cutters in the boot. Its the second ticket I've had this year the first time I scratched of the previous days date.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 31-05-12, 04:37 PM   #5
Nobrainer

Nobrainer has a spectacular aura aboutNobrainer has a spectacular aura about
Never pay the f@@&&&s!
Private parking fines will never get taken to court despite the nasty letters you may get.
Council tickets are a different matter.
Is it private company or university who gave you the ticket?
They also won't be able to clamp you for a previously unpaid ticket
Nobrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-12, 04:38 PM   #6
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Its the University. No private company involved.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 31-05-12, 05:05 PM   #7
Nobrainer

Nobrainer has a spectacular aura aboutNobrainer has a spectacular aura about
They may not want to let you graduate if you owe them money. Depending on how much it is and how stroppy you are push it as far as possible officially. They might let you off.
Nobrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-12, 05:09 PM   #8
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Yer thats my worry, its only £20 but its the principle. The car park is the shittiest surface ever, massive potholes! Its so dusty my car is constantly filthy. I plan to use the bike next year so can drive round the barriers and park right next to the buildings.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 01-06-12, 09:07 AM   #9
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
UWE always had parking issues while i was there - and that was before they built on a load of them.. i would hate to see it now....

I was one of the 'first' to start the whole park on the grass cos they dont provide enough spaces that they then got really shitty about....

If you owe them money they will stop you graduating - but i would fight this up to the point of being sensible....

Our parking permist were just our ID number and were free and lasted a year.. shows how much things have changed!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 09:17 AM   #10
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
With the fall off in students, caused by the fee increase, can see the money earning parking fines going up to £60 if paid within 14 days. Or £120, if not.

Best of luck Jay, fighting it.

Keep copies of all correspondence and send it recorded!!!! Or keep the emails....