theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > For Sale-Non Car Items

Old 25-11-10, 03:28 PM   #1
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Canon 40D + Grip + 2 batts

Hi guys,

I'm selling my Canon 40D DSLR body to help fund an upgrade.

Bought the 40D in October 2008 brand new, never had an issue with it.
It was bought from Jessops
Shutter count is 24958 - They are good for 100k, so plenty of life left in it.
Have the original box, whatever is in it, cables, manuals etc. I'll have a proper dig around tonight and find out exactly what I do have.

Condition of the camera is fine, I recently had the sensor cleaned by a local independant camera shop who did a great job...you can tell its 2nd hand, but there aren't any real marks on it. It has been used for wedding work and studio work, it's flawless and produces perfect images.

The camera comes with a canon grip and 2 batterys.

I'd be looking for around the ?410 + some for RMSD.

Let me know if you are interested - I'll post pictures of the camera tonight, although it's going to be hard taking a photo of the camera itself!

Thanks,
Jake
Old 25-11-10, 03:33 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Could always look in a mirror and flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck with the sale,

Old 25-11-10, 05:21 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Not being a photographer - but in need of a camera - in lay-man's terms - what makes this so good (expensive) compared to a 10 megapixel digital camera I can get from Argos ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-10, 05:28 PM   #4
Phate

Compact cameras that boast megapixel count to help sales are flawed.

They basically contain a sensor which you'll find in many other similar cameras and cram more megapixels on it - which, in effect, actually degrades picture quality.

A camera from argos won't pickup on as much light as a fully fledged DSLR, won't handle noise as well, it won't meter correctly and will over expose or under expose alot of it's photos.

A DSLR will either not do this or will significantly reduce this, and that's just on its own automatic mode, throw it in manual and start controlling it yourself and these cameras come alive

There is not a single non DSLR camera that will outshoot a DSLR when the non DSLR has its settings to the max and a DSLR is in its basic automatic mode. It's kinda hard to explain, I'm not saying those compacts don't take good pictures, but the picture quality and depth that a DSLR delivers just isn't possible without using one.

Oh, and if you were to buy this, you still need a lens to go on it, that's another couple of hundred. Also, the main point of a DSLR is the interchangable lenses, I currently have 3, I use each one dependant on the job in hand but there are lots of lenses available depending on what you want to do, and these get expensive. Professional lenses start at around ?700 upwards...but perfectly good ones for people who are just in it to have a camera like yourself your talking more around a couple of hundred
Old 25-11-10, 05:33 PM   #5
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Wow .... So a lot more money needed .... Thanks for the reply mate - but in the words of the dragons - I'm out -

Have forwarded the details to my father-in-law though who does a bit to see if he's interested.

Cheers
Old 25-11-10, 05:37 PM   #6
Phate

Yes it's not a cheap hobby, results are great but the initial outlay is lots, not something I'd recommend for the casual user

Cheers pal, drink in it if he buys it!
Old 25-11-10, 07:18 PM   #7
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Apparently he's got an "SLR50" .... Sorry mate.
Old 25-11-10, 08:18 PM   #8
Phate

No probs dude, got it advertised elsewhere