Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-04-10, 10:55 AM   #1
S7000EY

S7000EY is on a distinguished road
how much is my car worth?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1096110.htm
now on 100k
it also had 2 brand new front tires and rear discs and pads ready to fit, i understand it prob isnt worth what i have as the asking price but gotta price a bit higher to haggle do i not?

cheers for any help
S7000EY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 12:08 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

My twin, 54 reg with 66k and with a tow bar recently went on ebay for £2,800. so I dont think you are far out with the price.

Best of luck with the sale.

Old 06-04-10, 12:13 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
A tough one that, I suspect most would prefer a natural MG, would the MG mods affect the insurance much? You would probably snare an MG owner more so than someone looking for a Rover that looked like an MG and the price will reflect that I reckon.

I like it, but I'm not helping much as I'm not after one!
Old 06-04-10, 12:14 PM   #4
will-w

will-w is on a distinguished road
You've been trying to sell this for ages, which is rather worrying from my point of view as I'm going to be selling mine soon..

I've said this before though, and will say it again; take all of the MG bits off and swap them back for Rover bits - it will be easier to sell!

Derv power baby!

Last edited by will-w; 06-04-10 at 12:17 PM.
will-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 04:22 PM   #5
S7000EY

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-w View Post
You've been trying to sell this for ages, which is rather worrying from my point of view as I'm going to be selling mine soon..

I've said this before though, and will say it again; take all of the MG bits off and swap them back for Rover bits - it will be easier to sell!
my problem is if i was to take the spoiler off i would be left with 4 holes in the boot lid and then would need to get some standard alloys for it etc.

do you think people are just not interested in my car or is it the price that will be putting everybody off?
Old 06-04-10, 05:00 PM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I reckon if you had fitted the low level boot spoiler you may have had a better chance of selling it but seeing the spoiler fitted is a 180 extreme version it'll be harder to attract the right buyer. Rover people will shy away as it smacks of Evo or WRX not discreet for your typical Rover owner. If you put two cars side by side of the same value and spec, one yours and the other the MG version, which one would they go for?
Old 06-04-10, 05:11 PM   #7
S7000EY

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
If you put two cars side by side of the same value and spec, one yours and the other the MG version, which one would they go for?
only thing is my car comes with full leather and heated seats etc, that may attract some people over the type you get in the standard zs, suppose it really depends on if they want the "luxury" of heated leather or the sporty zs seats

do you think i would get any more interest if i was to ask for £2500? i would have to stack hard to that price really
Old 06-04-10, 06:13 PM   #8
will-w

I'll be putting mine up for £3000 soon and I am very confident that I'll get that for it..

The spoiler, grille and wheels are what's putting people off - no one wants to buy a Rover that is already expensive to insure, and then pay even more because of modifications..

They'll just go and buy a MG instead, like mine!

Derv power baby!

Old 06-04-10, 06:18 PM   #9
S7000EY

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-w View Post
I'll be putting mine up for £3000 soon and I am very confident that I'll get that for it..

The spoiler, grille and wheels are what's putting people off - no one wants to buy a Rover that is already expensive to insure, and then pay even more because of modifications..

They'll just go and buy a MG instead, like mine!
Old 06-04-10, 06:22 PM   #10
will-w

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7000EY View Post
I know it's gutting mate, I've been in exactly the same position as you in the past..

You can spend thousands on a car making it exactly how you want it, but modifications never add value to a car - unless you find someone who likes exactly the same things as you do

Do you still have the original grille? What about wheels?

Derv power baby!