theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 31-12-10, 05:19 PM   #11
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthre...t=14745&page=4
Thats the final finished object dude, that spec is half way there and probably good for around 300ish bhp for now once the fuel pressure reg is on.
Once the aftermarket management, bigger turbo (gt3071, 490bhp capable), nitrous and a few other little tricks get fitted and mapped... should be smashing 450bhp+ with the gas on, who knows, even more perhaps! i'm sure i'll let people know once its been done.

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-10, 07:25 PM   #12
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
what turbo is best for the t series, i would run 350 bhp minimum, is this forget on a t series turbo, as anything less soon becomes boring. garrett gt28 or perhaps a t5??

are there any t 16 zs owners on here? what spec are you running? power, qtr mile, 0-60 times etc will be great if you have any info like that
The highest of heard of was in a T16 maestro built by Andy Nicholes, it was pushing 600bhp which he felt was the limit, IIRC it had been bored out to about 2.1L, had forged, toughened, lightened, modified bits every where and I think he was running a T55, when I saw the car I remeber wondering what power station he'd nicked the turbine from, it was massive.

It was the quickest front wheel drive car in the UK at the time.

He has since moved to a MGZR running 640bhp at the hubs and doing 10.2 138mph quater miles and out doing jap cars on handling circuits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYrDv_Fa7YA

Reading further apparently he did 10.23 @ 138mph in 2007

his website is http://www.an-racing.co.uk/

Last edited by talkingcars; 31-12-10 at 07:30 PM.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-11, 11:35 AM   #13
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
hi mate it was my car and theres a thread on here somewhere about it...
here you go theres some pics...
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=7048

Just to dispel all the myths about it ....i had a problem with it at cadwell park which was its seventh trackday, but tbh mileage was nothing to do with the problem it could have happened anytime, anywhere.
I was out on track hammering it round when the car suddenly was noticeably down on power and then i noticed it was overheating...trouble was i didnt notice and realise soon enough.
Water pump had failed, plastic impeller had broken and so of course being out on track flat out it got very hot very quick, under normal driving conditions you would have seen it getting hot and it wouldnt have been a problem.
Anyway i got pump swapped and it drove perfect , i wasnt even sure if it had another problem, seems it needed a new head gasket but i didnt know for sure at the time and it certainly didnt blow up, when i swapped the water pump it drove like normal...no mayo in the oil and no oil in the coolant or anything drastic like that.
Water pumps fail common on those engines and the usual upgrade is a pump with a metal impeller, that was the only issue, nothing to do with anything else, these engines run way more power on standard internals than mine was making with uprated internals.
Tbh i had decided i was selling before i even went to cadwell, so i didnt sell it because it was broken, martin said he would check it out and repair it if needed anyway so it was no issue.
Running expense was the issue, im a builder and we all know what the climate has been like in the uk last year...simple as that. Every trackday would be costing 450 -500 quid and that soon adds up when you have little work coming in.

Anyway about the conversion...Its the best bar none, can easily make the most power when its fitted but fitting costs....as does anything worthwile !
it looks o.e under the bonnet and runs like o.e and its one of the best blown 4 pot ever made, its what the zs needed all along.

Dave
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote