theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 08-07-10, 03:11 PM   #61
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Firstly refuse the offer. Its pretty ****. Whatever happens, buy it back, you cant lose on it. Engines gotta be worth 500 minimum, spoiler at least 200, then interior etc you could have more than a grand in bits mate.

In all honesty I thought It was probs worth a grand as a whole car seeing it was already a cat c before I got it.
yeah there hitting me with they cant see any around my area with cat c damage to reflect the price tho,just want her back lol
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-10, 03:16 PM   #62
Craig
Back Again!

Craig is on a distinguished road
Thats their tuff ****. You have to refuse the 1st offer. It was worth more than 900 quid pre accident. I always said the car was worth more in parts.

Craig Darroch

Create your badge
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-10, 03:18 PM   #63
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Got to agree wi craig, get that first offer tae **** seems to be a common ploy by insurers to make the first offer as low as possible in the hope that it's just taken!!

Then decide if you want to fix up the old girl or break her for bits. As said breaking will net you a better return but if you want to fix her up nowt wrong with that either
Old 08-07-10, 03:21 PM   #64
Craig
Back Again!

Craig is on a distinguished road
Also, get the plate off it. Its worth 400 quid mate

Craig Darroch

Create your badge
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-10, 03:31 PM   #65
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Refuse that offer!

It's worth 2.5k atleast. Give them a list of things you have done to it to help push this, plus send them adverts to similar cars for that sort of money.
Old 08-07-10, 03:36 PM   #66
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Most companies don't go into 1st offers anymore, it's a case of take it or leave it these days. No harm in trying though, but as it is already a cat c then this may harm the real valuation. Break it, as long as you have the time and the room to do so.
Old 08-07-10, 03:46 PM   #67
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Also, get the plate off it. Its worth 400 quid mate
reg transfers are selling it for 995 mate
Old 08-07-10, 03:51 PM   #68
andys1981

tbh a dont think they will go much higher plus a need another car,and a trailer to bring her back,home as a cant drive it with nae ins,al just park it up the drive thats only 3 wks old,dont know what to do,if i refuse the first offer,it may take a while,is there a kinda time limit,eg my cars in stirling,will i get charged storage or that
Old 08-07-10, 03:55 PM   #69
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by l4cwd View Post
tbh a dont think they will go much higher plus a need another car,and a trailer to bring her back,home as a cant drive it with nae ins,al just park it up the drive thats only 3 wks old,dont know what to do,if i refuse the first offer,it may take a while,is there a kinda time limit,eg my cars in stirling,will i get charged storage or that
I think they will come back to ye pretty quick as they will want things done an dusted as much as you mate Not sure on the storage question mind you.....

At least you can christen the drive with something i suppose, an gives you space to strip her doon
Old 08-07-10, 07:42 PM   #70
ljr09

ljr09 is on a distinguished road
Insurers only pay out a standard book price on vehicles unless you as the customer can prove your vehicle warrants more, if you provide numerous photos of both interior and exterior showing how clean the car was they will have to up their offer in order for you to be able to purchase a vehicle in similar condition - i had an audi a6 some yrs ago and received an appalling first offer but i provided photos showing the immaculate condition and then received an increase of ?900 to enable me to buy like for like, so its def worth pressing for an increase, also details of work done / recent receipts helps too - good luck
ljr09 is offline   Reply With Quote