Old 04-10-10, 09:05 PM   #11
Ravinder_Tomcat220T

Ravinder_Tomcat220T is on a distinguished road
Cheers for the tip Kev.
Ravinder_Tomcat220T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-10, 05:49 PM   #12
Ravinder_Tomcat220T

I think this project may have to come to an end. I'm gutted to say the least.
HG is on it's way out, 2nd time since it was done only 10 months ago. It appears something has been overlooked when the previous HG was done. Not quite sure what yet, still investigating to see what has caused it. I am starting to lose heart. I've had this car for 7 years in January but I think 2011 will be the year I move on from it. We will see.
I have only justgot 17s for it and just purchased some Koni suspension, not cheap either. Decided I am just gonna put the car back completely to standard. Sell the wheels, suspension, rear lights. Gonna keep the 282s for the time being then I can always sell them seperately when I decide to sell the car and put the standard ones back on. I am quite sad about it
Think I will just get the HG sorted again. Drive the car standard for a few months and try and save as much up as I can for a replacement car. Time to call it a day. I'lle be gutted to see it go.

If it's any consolation I am still keeping the Turbo coupe and gonna put all my effort to get that car perfect!
Old 16-10-10, 05:53 PM   #13
car13

car13 is on a distinguished road
Always like the coupe well underestimated car, and shares most of the chassis with ZS ;-)
Old 17-10-10, 09:47 AM   #14
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Dont give up too soon, after all the ??'s and work thats gone in to it, think it deserves a 2nd chance.

Lets hope its a quick and not to costly fix and you can get it up and running.

Old 18-10-10, 12:48 AM   #15
Ravinder_Tomcat220T

I think I will be silly to spend big bucks on it to be honest. I think I will sell the wheels and the suspension etc and just turn it to complete standard and drive it this way until I decide what to do. Plus the exhaust is way too loud of my liking. I must be getting old. Can't believe I've put with with that racket for 7 years! Lol. So yeah, change it to standard and give the bodywork a good clean and fix little bits and bobs and just maintain it in general. Besides, I don't need two modded cars! I'll leave that for the turbo!

Last edited by Ravinder_Tomcat220T; 20-10-10 at 11:21 PM.
Old 20-10-10, 11:24 PM   #16
Ravinder_Tomcat220T

Right, car is defo going back to standard. Have sold the 17s, suspension, rear zr160 brakes and a couple of other bits and bobs. Also selling the induction kit and 52mm throttle body. Gonna put the standard air box back on. Still want rid of the exhaust and get a standard one again. Putting the normal rear lights back on the car instead of the smoked ones I currently have on them. I still have the TF mirror fitted so will keep this fitted because it is useful! Steering wheel is really worn so may replace this with a TF one but that is about it. Just want to keep the bodywork clean and mechanically sound after the HG is sorted.
Old 21-10-10, 08:52 AM   #17
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Sounds like a good plan, had a few years fun and now you get a pay back.

Old 21-10-10, 10:18 AM   #18
Ravinder_Tomcat220T

True. With all the bits lying around I should make around ?700! So having a mass clearout. I look forward to having the vvc back to standard again. I do love a standard coupe as well as a modded one lol. Best of both worlds I guess having both cars.
Just ordered me some Toyo Proxe 4s for the 15" wheels. Camskill have got an offer on for ?35 per corner so couldn't say no.
Old 21-10-10, 03:09 PM   #19
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Sounds like a steal at that price!!!
Old 26-10-10, 07:31 PM   #20
Murray

Murray is on a distinguished road
Still look good the coupes' after a few years.

Should be a nice car when it's all sorted. Don't see many coupes and less in standard form.
Murray is offline   Reply With Quote