theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-05-13, 03:28 PM   #31
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
I've just had a closer look now and it seems it has scratched and chipped paint on the wing and the bonnet too. And I think the slightly put of place looking bonnet could be the wing pushed back

It gets worse

Last edited by Skillen; 10-05-13 at 03:33 PM.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-13, 03:31 PM   #32
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Cheers gents. Always get good support from forum members.
Makes it worthwhile being a supporter too.
Old 10-05-13, 03:41 PM   #33
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
Gutted for you mate hope you get it sorted ok
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-13, 05:10 PM   #34
Skillen

Well apparently my insurer office is closed as is the bloody claims company that told me to ring back as the office would be open till 8.

Absolutely bollocks this ****. How the eff do they expect you to claim and sort **** quickly.
Old 10-05-13, 05:50 PM   #35
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Gutted for you.

I would spend some time tomorrow morning getting quotes from a couple of body shops, I'd ask them for 3 quotes as follows
a)repair using new parts,
b)repair with you supplying new parts.
c)repair with you supplying used parts (so no painting).

I would then contact their insurance company saying that you will accept a cash settlement for a figure just below the highest and that you will arrange the repair - get the parts you need and repair yourself, I'm sure there will be help from the forum, then spend the difference on some mods.

Also worth collecting together all the current ads for the more expensive mk2 that are around at the moment so you can show the insurance companies the current true cost of a replacement against book.
Old 10-05-13, 07:00 PM   #36
Skillen

I will do just that.
Only problem is that I'm at work again tomorrow so not much time to do it.
The insurance company has a claim open now too.
Hopefully I can get my way a little!
Old 13-05-13, 12:57 PM   #37
Skillen

The claim people have been in touch and they want me to use a body shop in Gretna for the repairs.

The shop got in touch today, they said that they would like pics of the damage and they might struggle to find the parts.
I said that I would be able to help with new fittings and I could give them the links for new parts which they agreed to.
So I need links peeps
For:
Drivers side headlight
Front bumper with all the mk2 180 trimmings, spats etc.

Think the bonnet and wing could be sprayed but links to new would be nice if fixings for them are fubard.

Hopefully they'll be able to spray the full bonnet (probably have to to make it blend no?

Hope it's a quick turnaround.
Old 13-05-13, 01:18 PM   #38
shycho

shycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the rough
I would be asking them to respray the full bonnet. Because if they try and blend their new paint in with your old paint the lacquer they use will be weakened where the blending has taken place. Much easier to just spray the whole bonnet and be done with it.
shycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-13, 01:36 PM   #39
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Are they going to use all new parts, I'll do some links if it's new you're after

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-13, 01:49 PM   #40
Skillen

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Are they going to use all new parts, I'll do some links if it's new you're after
They said that they would use them new yeah! They said they might struggle to find parts. Tbh the bonnet and wing seem straight so more the bumper/light.

Thanks pete massive help!