theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-03-12, 12:10 PM   #31
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
New info this morning - appears terminal.

Simply the car will be broken. It's crabbing and has more damage to the front as well as the image to the rear. Also the guys have a credit card bill to clear. Oh well.

So the 31 minute post about the engine will get a reply - pm'd ....

Thread pending when we see what there is to sell on.....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-12, 01:17 PM   #32
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Tis a shame Dan, lesson learned, albeit an expensive one and onto another ZS? Was this their first track outing? If so not a very bright idea but then hindsight is a wonderful thing as they say.
Old 11-03-12, 01:42 PM   #33
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Tis a shame Dan, lesson learned, albeit an expensive one and onto another ZS? Was this their first track outing? If so not a very bright idea but then hindsight is a wonderful thing as they say.
Not sure mate to be honest.

The thing is this was never meant to be a track car in the same way as smokeys. This was supposed to be a car for us to jump into and drive to a track - have some fun in it - then drive it home. I was happy to lump in £200, but wouldn't be too keen on throwing a lot more into what would be a 3-4 time a year venture.

Not sure about "Not a very bright idea" to be honest. the driver is in his 40s as we all are and without speaking to him as yet, I'm not sure what the circumstances were of him going off, but, clearly it was too much for him at the time - but this was all about the road trip. We all know he should've gone a bit slower and that would have lead to a few more days and got more out of what really was a decent car, but it's not worked out that way and I'm sure he's regretting it now.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-12, 02:18 PM   #34
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Just what I DONT want to see or read, as Im going round Brands this wednesday lol.........
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-12, 03:03 PM   #35
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
You just have to go to youtube, ring crashes, to see what a killer circuit it is.

The cars seem to be on the right line and just break away and the armco isnt very forgiving.

Reading one of the comments, they were saying if you go into one of the bends a bit fast you have to keep your foot down. Lift off and your off!!!
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-12, 03:40 PM   #36
Nobrainer

Nobrainer has a spectacular aura aboutNobrainer has a spectacular aura about
Don't be gutted about the car just get another. The guys who went should be more gutted about going all that way and not getting a drive!
Nobrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-12, 08:21 PM   #37
dean0

dean0 is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about the car but glad everyone is ok

I suppose you could always take up golf...
dean0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-12, 08:33 PM   #38
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Not sure mate to be honest.

The thing is this was never meant to be a track car in the same way as smokeys. This was supposed to be a car for us to jump into and drive to a track - have some fun in it - then drive it home. I was happy to lump in £200, but wouldn't be too keen on throwing a lot more into what would be a 3-4 time a year venture.

Not sure about "Not a very bright idea" to be honest. the driver is in his 40s as we all are and without speaking to him as yet, I'm not sure what the circumstances were of him going off, but, clearly it was too much for him at the time - but this was all about the road trip. We all know he should've gone a bit slower and that would have lead to a few more days and got more out of what really was a decent car, but it's not worked out that way and I'm sure he's regretting it now.

The comment was only meant as if a first timer then the 'Ring' is not the best place to go as a track virgin. Doesn't matter how old you are and how competent you are on the road, when you enter a track with other fantastic cars around you the red mist decends and all the right things to do go out of the window.

As Pete has said plenty of videos where drivers have got onto the track and lost it purely because they got carried away in the moment.

Don't let this put you off, a hard lesson learned and next time all will be that much wiser because of it Christ I've ended up in the bank after going too fast into a corner on a lap just because I had to get past someone!
Old 11-03-12, 09:03 PM   #39
Nobrainer

Nobrainer has a spectacular aura aboutNobrainer has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean0 View Post
Sorry to hear about the car but glad everyone is ok

I suppose you could always take up golf...
No way. Golf is DANGEROUS!
Nobrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12, 06:08 AM   #40
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Question

Think I will avoid that place until I hav some
Major experience under my belt.

I am quite confident on a bike but don't fancy it on one of those either lol!

Do you mean they charge u to use the track and then charge u if u come off?

P.