AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 04-12-11, 05:42 PM   #1
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Cool Bermuda the Bubble

Well here we go then having sold The Red Devil on a while back now I have been through numerous cars......a Vectra 2.0 SRi (dead, gearbox failure), MG ZT190+ (dead, HGF), Vectra 1.8 SXi (current family car) and a rotten Maestro 1600 ex rally car (dead, terminal rot) I find myself wanting a new toy..........

Having spoken to carmadbaker a few times about missing The Red Devil and deciding I wanted to return to the MG fold, I came on here to The Red Devil might be for sale (AGAIN )........this was rather shortlived and deciding to move on I spoke to carmadbaker again about his Turbo and then about Ralphs car.

Contacting Ralph.......the true gentleman he is and having always looked after me and many others who have dealt with him.......we came to a deal.......a very good deal at that........and I put a deposit down on his Rover 420iL.

Now, before we get too carried away......he had put his faith in his mechanics to do the conversion from a 2.0 M series engine to a 2.0 T series Turbo lump. To date I am still finding out bits and bobs about the car, but it is of a good spec and reliable too

Here are some pictures of the car Ralph and others have taken during Ralphs ownership:

Known jobs to tackle are: CV boots, brakes to service, blowing exhaust manifold, dodgy tyre valve to fix, Rover 400 interior to remove and replace with MG ZS Monaco interior, full respray, rear mudflaps to replace and rear boot lip spoiler to be sprayed and then fitted to boot.

04/12/11

Today I did a bit of work on her and took out the bucket seats that Ralph had had fitted. I then removed all of the interior plastic trims and the carpet from the car so I could have a nose at the state of the floorpan after the scare I got with the Maestro all was good. Some broken glass, a little rust on the weird circular parts in the floor, a swimming pool in the passenger footwell and some wires......

The carpet I found, was from a ZS and this was now manky so has been put out for binning. A secondhand Rover 400 one will be sourced if I can find a blue one that would be good........failing that a good one that will get the black dye treatment

I then tackled those pesky wires.....well......sort of ......I pulled it and it came out.......now the oil pressure gauge isn't working so I need to fix that.

A good productive day methinx!
Old 04-12-11, 06:21 PM   #2
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
have a zs gearknob sat on the side if you like?

I dont think they fetch to much anymore, £10 posted and shes on your doorstep

p.s love the car, anmd the automatic badge... i have been trying to find a zs 120 badge for mine lol
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-11, 06:27 PM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Will surprise a few when she is up and running.

Old 04-12-11, 07:06 PM   #4
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
have a zs gearknob sat on the side if you like?

I dont think they fetch to much anymore, £10 posted and shes on your doorstep

p.s love the car, anmd the automatic badge... i have been trying to find a zs 120 badge for mine lol
Ralph has a wicked sense of humour I think I have all the interior trim I need for the conversion but thanks Ross I will give you a shout if I need a knob
Old 04-12-11, 07:15 PM   #5
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Will surprise a few when she is up and running.

Yes indeed it will! I am so impressed with the car! I have to say, I do wish the Rover 400 shell had been used for the ZS. If you take a look at the Rover 45/ MG ZS front seat mountings you will notice how thin and poor design is compared to the 400 mounts.

Aiming to get the interior back in end of January, MOT February and taxed and insured in March.
Old 04-12-11, 09:41 PM   #6
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
I love the look of this car, always have done. So understated but still looks fantastic.