theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-05-14, 08:00 AM   #11
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
For a 9 year old car that doesn't seem too bad, as already said most of it is cosmetic and will give great satisfaction when fixed.
Old 10-05-14, 09:52 AM   #12
tallgeese

tallgeese is on a distinguished road
Well the garage has come back with 2 faults 1, speedo sender not working 2, cat is sending fault signals

Also came down to a pond in the passenger footwell thismorning, I could cry, anyone want a low milage zs??
Old 10-05-14, 10:05 AM   #13
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Chin up, mk2's are notorious for filling the passenger footwell, there is a fix though, if you remove the plastic scuttle cover at the bottom of the windscreen and seam seal the spot welded flange around the heater intake, and also bend the flange back slightly your pond will be a thing of the past.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 10:18 AM   #14
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds like a standard ZS, all small issues easily fixed. Weathers decent man up and get the tools out.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 10:29 AM   #15
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

All sounds a normal ZS.

Easy fixes, all covered on here somewhere.

Rear bumper sag, http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=7019

Stick with it and you will have a great car!!

Old 10-05-14, 10:30 AM   #16
tallgeese

has anyone got a picture guide on the leak fix?
Old 10-05-14, 10:55 AM   #17
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Here's a picture of the heater intake under the scuttle panel, I've already sealed the spot welded flange.

I didn't bend the flange back, instead I used a rubber flap to direct any water away from the intake, as shown in the pic

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

Last edited by petet16; 10-05-14 at 10:59 AM.
petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 11:21 AM   #18
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Sorry that you've had some issues.

But ...

The cosmetic bits are just that - cosmetic - and I expect there when you bought the car. There is a guide on here to fix all of those issues and you already have an offer of (cheap) parts .... The true benefits of this fantastic forum coming to the top again ...

I have no doubt that if you fancied it, a few guys would come round (on a promise of coffee and bacon rolls) to help sort anything you're not confident about. It's all well and good us telling you what to do, but if like me at first you're reluctant to mess about with your car, it's good to have some people around to learn from. Trust me - I've been there and have managed over time to become fairly confident at a few things and have a go.

You mention that you bought it from a dealer though - surely there may be some come back for you if a code reader has established faults .... Maybe worth a phone call if you haven't already.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 11:32 AM   #19
tallgeese

I have tried to be nice and chat with the seller his response was a sound:
"sod off sold as seen" hahaha

As for the leaks i have now had a try at the boot one using the dreaded silicone around the boot vent which for some reason is loose and flapping around, but having traced what looked like a small stream back to it the whole thing is now sealed to death lol.

Im going to have a try at the heater intake seal thank to the guide provided by the good Mr pete16 (thank you very much) as soon as the rain stops

I did try and pm the chap who is offering cheap bit and i await his reply

Before i forget to ask has anyone else suffered with major rust on the fuel inlet pipe behind the filler flap as mine is awful and has to be changed, problem being i cant for the life of me find the part or a price guide on its repair.

P.S free tea, coffee or happy meals for anyone who can help fix the old girl

Last edited by tallgeese; 10-05-14 at 11:38 AM.
tallgeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 11:48 AM   #20
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
check the back lights are tight,as with my 1st zs this is where water was getting in,i know it sounds like you have a lot of problems,but just tackle them,one by one,you will get them all fixed.
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote