theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 29-03-16, 03:13 PM   #211
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeus101 View Post
Got any recent pics of her? Would be good to see it again
Not at the moment, I'll do some at some point.
Old 29-03-16, 03:22 PM   #212
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Will look forward to it

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-16, 06:39 PM   #213
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
Your commitment to this car is impeccable, never wavers!
Miss this car VERY much
Sounded beautiful on the piper cat back, decat and manis

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-16, 09:10 PM   #214
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
And an update to the MOT situation - pass with advisories for front pads and discs on limit and a broken mount on the cat - I didn't need an excuse to put the decat back on or some better discs.
So last week I replaced the discs and pads, the discs came off GU51 when I first had her and fitted groved discs, the pads are EBC yellowstuff - fuel consumption has gone up as braking distances have reduced
Old 03-10-16, 09:37 PM   #215
talkingcars

Quote:
16-3-14 I've got a new fog switch c/o a mk2 ZR at the local scrappy, also got a second HRW switch which may become adapted...........

Today I've gone to fit the tow bar from GV51 knowing that it'd proberbly be too short, not a problem as I could get a longer swan neck, however it sits too high and would require the bumper to be cut which is a big no.

Frustratingly Thule don't seem to fit the version they do for the mk2 45 will fit.

This is even more frustrating as the nearside exhaust mount is welded to the nearside towbar bracket.

Gonna mess in my shed instead.
Quote:
30-3-14 Towbars - £160 because this ones a tad wrong - pah - I'm gonna engineer me some extender plates so have bought some scrap 8mm steel plate - cutting it will be easy but it looks like I'll be buying a piller drill stand so I can drill the holes, oh well, another tool..............
Yesterday I happened to see the back of my car from a distance and thought that the exhausts sit at the same height on the mk2 and the mk1 so why doesn't the tow bar.

Today I was at home as we were having smart meters fitted so I dragged the tow bar out of the shed and 3 hours it was on the car, would have been quicker if I hadn't been also dealing with "meter man".

I had to loosely fit every bolt and gradually go round tightening them up as the rear end isn't as square as it should be. And the tow hitch was a b1tch to get on as it is against the bottom of the bumper so will need a bit of fettling to be perfect.

However I can go and get me an engine for the F.
Old 03-10-16, 09:41 PM   #216
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Good to see you still have the love.

Old 09-10-16, 08:25 PM   #217
talkingcars

Friday night - panic setting in (ok, a tad worried), not wired up the plug for the tow bar.....

and I need to use the trailer tomorrow morning before 8.....

so

as it gets dark I'm trying to identify wiring colours and Mrs TC wants a lift at 7.30..........

It seemed to be ok.
Old 09-10-16, 08:44 PM   #218
talkingcars

Saturday morning came so it was down to my rented garage to hitch up the trailer -

both tyres are flat

and half the lights on the trailer aren't working!

I dragged the trailer home (800 yards) and started trying to find a resolution to the flat tyres.

I rapidly realised that we weren't going get this sorted and 150 miles up the road in an hour and a half so contacted the chap with the MGF parts and put it off until next week.

Instead I did this -

Old 09-10-16, 08:56 PM   #219
talkingcars

"What have you done?" you may ask.

This -

I'm really pleased with this, and using bits of "rubbish", the hinges are from a broken floor socket and the box for the light socket was a broken exterior RCD socket.
Old 10-10-16, 10:33 AM   #220
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
nice and tidy way of doing that so it is not visible when not in use - like it
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote