AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 21-01-10, 10:49 PM   #11
Kara

Kara is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
The only other problem i can think of is the Horn can get soaking wet and fail my mk2 is on it's 3rd
Ah thanks I actually have a spare Stebel horn (the nautilus) lying around somewhere so might see if it's possible to use that horn instead & relocate it.
Old 21-01-10, 10:52 PM   #12
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
mines on its first, itll go tomorrow probs:P
Old 21-01-10, 10:52 PM   #13
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough

Why's it called Stevie?
Old 21-01-10, 11:01 PM   #14
Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor View Post

Why's it called Stevie?
Lol my breaker friend who's sorting it out for me is called Steve so decided it was a nice sentiment!
Old 22-01-10, 05:37 AM   #15
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I work in Crawley, ws in Brighton on Wedensday for work and stepson lives there.

Those look like matrix seats, I'm not to up on the fittings on the 120s.

The holes are there for the rear headrests, the front ones from the ZR fit, you just have to cut the fabric, carefully.

The philips blue vision definatly giver a whiter light and more of it than standard bulbs.
Old 22-01-10, 07:26 AM   #16
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Looks like you got the bug already Most things will come up from time to time. There's probably not much to do to the interior as it is pretty good over the mk1, apart from maybe uprating the seats and an MGF steering wheel

Most items have already been covered with regards engine mods.
Old 22-01-10, 09:05 AM   #17
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
I'm big on personalizing my cars... normally I like exterior mods the most but the exterior of the ZS is so nice I don't think I'll bother other than sports exhaust, foggys & lowering.

Here's a couple of pics of my F:

So I'd say I'm definitely into "personal" :lol: She's a bit of a marmite car but I love her so it's all good. Will definitely miss her but the ZS is an excellent replacement imho.
Looks like youve put alot of work in to that I like it looks very sporty, As far as exterior mods there isnt a great deal, some people fit mudflaps which gives an almost 'rally' style look. Im looking to develop a rear diffuser for the zs much like the evo 9/RS. Some people also fit the cupra/leon splitter I did a custom job by blending this in. You can also do the center of the bumper in black.

You also can get metal MG badges to replace the flaky OE ones same as with all the MG range.

Also the MUST have mod is theMGZS.co.uk Site stickers

As far as lowering motobuild springs give a fairly good drop or theres still some xpower springs for the 120. Apart from that its coilovers Avo/GAZ and Spax do sets for the zs.

Have a look through here shows a few examples of what others have done
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=10143

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-10, 12:13 PM   #18
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
A lot of what people do is upgrade to what was on the options list via the scrappers/for sale thread

You could have

Rear leccy windows
TM clock
Reverse sensors
Rear H/Rests as mentioned
headlamp washers

Out of that

Tinted/different rear lights
exhaust trim to go with new zorst
Lower
Flaps
Light upgrades - HID's/LED's etc
Debadge/different badges
Wind deflectors
Gear knob
Alloy pedals
Chrome rings for dials (you could have heater controls + speedo etc done)
Paint the centre console
TF Mirror
TF/F steering wheel

An of course the must have Ebay part - the +3000000bhp resistor mod which wont **** up your engine*

*Only if not actually fitted
Old 22-01-10, 12:37 PM   #19
Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
I work in Crawley, ws in Brighton on Wedensday for work and stepson lives there.

Those look like matrix seats, I'm not to up on the fittings on the 120s.

The holes are there for the rear headrests, the front ones from the ZR fit, you just have to cut the fabric, carefully.

The philips blue vision definatly giver a whiter light and more of it than standard bulbs.
Cool thank you! I'll investigate these bulbs asap. Are the ZR headrests the only option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Looks like you got the bug already Most things will come up from time to time. There's probably not much to do to the interior as it is pretty good over the mk1, apart from maybe uprating the seats and an MGF steering wheel

Most items have already been covered with regards engine mods.
Oh yes! I'm definitely up for having a bit of fun with Stevie... actually that sounds a bit dodgy.

I'm contemplating what to do about the seats. If I colour code the centre console etc. the blue seats as well might look a bit overwhelming particularly if they are quite noticably different shades of blue. Depends what will look better colour coded blue interior or just blue seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Looks like youve put alot of work in to that I like it looks very sporty, As far as exterior mods there isnt a great deal, some people fit mudflaps which gives an almost 'rally' style look. Im looking to develop a rear diffuser for the zs much like the evo 9/RS. Some people also fit the cupra/leon splitter I did a custom job by blending this in. You can also do the center of the bumper in black.

You also can get metal MG badges to replace the flaky OE ones same as with all the MG range.

Also the MUST have mod is theMGZS.co.uk Site stickers

As far as lowering motobuild springs give a fairly good drop or theres still some xpower springs for the 120. Apart from that its coilovers Avo/GAZ and Spax do sets for the zs.

Have a look through here shows a few examples of what others have done
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=10143
Oooh I like the centre of the bumper in black! Very mean!

I'm debating about badges as the rear badge has faded so do I debadge or treat myself to a couple of metal ones.

Must admit mudflaps aren't my thing but the splitter looks good! And I daresay forum stickers will be purchased at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
A lot of what people do is upgrade to what was on the options list via the scrappers/for sale thread

You could have

Rear leccy windows - I like!
TM clock - not sure what you mean by "TM"?
Reverse sensors -Definitely could do with some of them!
Rear H/Rests as mentioned - consider it on my to do list!
headlamp washers - hmm... tempting

Out of that

Tinted/different rear lights - I'm not too keen on the OEM ones so definitely need to find out what alternatives there are!
exhaust trim to go with new zorst
Lower - definitely!
Flaps - not to keen on flaps
Light upgrades - HID's/LED's etc on my to do list!
Debadge/different badges - contemplating options
Wind deflectors - after owning a convertible I'm not too fussed about a bit of wind!
Gear knob - definitely!
Alloy pedals - ooh yes please!
Chrome rings for dials (you could have heater controls + speedo etc done) is there a brushed aluminium speedo surround do you know?
Paint the centre console - seriously considering this!
TF Mirror - why do ZS owners do this mod?
TF/F steering wheel - what's the difference between the F/TF steering wheel & the ZS one?

An of course the must have Ebay part - the +3000000bhp resistor mod which wont **** up your engine*

*Only if not actually fitted
Thanks hun! Very informative! I've responded to the individual mods you've listed.
Old 22-01-10, 01:00 PM   #20
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
The ZR headrest are easier to get hold of than the ZS proper ones which is why most go the ZR route

TM clock - Trafficmaster clock, warns about congestion on routes fitted with trafficmaster sensors

I think there is a brushed alloy surround for the dials, will more likely be listed as a civic part i think

TF Mirror we usually fit because the ZS is kinda dark inside and it's handy having the wee map reading lights

TF/F wheel is smaller in diameter and has the thumb grips, generally feels a lot better to hold and steer car with Does need some slight modding to fit, trim bottom of airbag.fit an adaptor to rear of the wheel. You can fit a TF airbag and trim the rear off your original wheel and use that as the adaptor