AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 22-01-10, 01:29 PM   #21
Kara

Kara is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
The ZR headrest are easier to get hold of than the ZS proper ones which is why most go the ZR route

TM clock - Trafficmaster clock, warns about congestion on routes fitted with trafficmaster sensors

I think there is a brushed alloy surround for the dials, will more likely be listed as a civic part i think

TF Mirror we usually fit because the ZS is kinda dark inside and it's handy having the wee map reading lights

TF/F wheel is smaller in diameter and has the thumb grips, generally feels a lot better to hold and steer car with Does need some slight modding to fit, trim bottom of airbag.fit an adaptor to rear of the wheel. You can fit a TF airbag and trim the rear off your original wheel and use that as the adaptor
Thank you!

This traffic master clock sounds good. Are they easy to fit? Do you just pick them up off ebay?
Old 22-01-10, 03:23 PM   #22
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
Thank you!

This traffic master clock sounds good. Are they easy to fit? Do you just pick them up off ebay?

They aint the most high tech piece of kit, but they look better than the normal clock and the info can be handy in my experience Pretty easy to fit, just have to remove centre console, unscrew auld clock, plug in TM clock and refit centre console Think there is a guide somewhere for removing centre console. An ebay is normally the best place to pick em up, just make sure all the segments light up as they are prone to losing them
Old 22-01-10, 03:31 PM   #23
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
This is probably the best photo i have showing my TM clock

Also footwell lighting is something thats easy to do These are LED strips bought form a boy on theMGZR.co.uk
Old 22-01-10, 04:49 PM   #24
Kara

Quote:
They aint the most high tech piece of kit, but they look better than the normal clock and the info can be handy in my experience Pretty easy to fit, just have to remove centre console, unscrew auld clock, plug in TM clock and refit centre console Think there is a guide somewhere for removing centre console. An ebay is normally the best place to pick em up, just make sure all the segments light up as they are prone to losing them
Quote:
This is probably the best photo i have showing my TM clock

Also footwell lighting is something thats easy to do These are LED strips bought form a boy on theMGZR.co.uk
Looks good & sounds like a nice easy job although I've just looked on ebay & the only one I can find is ending in a day or so & already has 16 bids & is up to £36! May have to save this mod for when I have a bit more spare cash.

Footwell lights look very nice! Definitely added to my list!

Thanks hun!
Old 22-01-10, 05:33 PM   #25
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Cheap set of monacos might be worth a look http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=342483

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-10, 08:03 PM   #26
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I had a TM clock, I didn't find the information flow very good, in over 800 miles, much motorway I only had 1 warning despite many delays and that was for the other motorway that I was driving over.

It does look a bit better than the standard one.
Old 23-01-10, 12:18 AM   #27
Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Cheap set of monacos might be worth a look http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=342483
Thanks mate! I've popped him a PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
I had a TM clock, I didn't find the information flow very good, in over 800 miles, much motorway I only had 1 warning despite many delays and that was for the other motorway that I was driving over.

It does look a bit better than the standard one.
Ah ok thanks for your honest opinion. I think it will be one of those things where if I have a bit of spare cash and see one at a good price I'll pick it up but if not then c'est la vie.

--------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me if the MK2 foglights are different to the mk1 ones? Does anyone have the part no.
Old 23-01-10, 09:06 AM   #28
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
Can anyone tell me if the MK2 foglights are different to the mk1 ones? Does anyone have the part no.
Not sure if the lamps are different but the brackets are, they are NLA as well so finding them cant be very tricky. you can make the mk1 lamps fit with cable ties of fiberglass if your abit handy

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-10, 11:00 AM   #29
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
i had a TM clock in one of the rover 400's that i was lent while i stil got my car serviced by MGR...

needless to say that it failed to inform me of the fact they shut the m4 one day, as such i never bothered fitting it to the zs... i think they may have upgraded the information they send out since then, but even so i cba to fit it.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-10, 10:35 PM   #30
Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Not sure if the lamps are different but the brackets are, they are NLA as well so finding them cant be very tricky. you can make the mk1 lamps fit with cable ties of fiberglass if your abit handy
Ah cable ties! The solution to all of life's problems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
i had a TM clock in one of the rover 400's that i was lent while i stil got my car serviced by MGR...

needless to say that it failed to inform me of the fact they shut the m4 one day, as such i never bothered fitting it to the zs... i think they may have upgraded the information they send out since then, but even so i cba to fit it.
hmmm... ok consider it at the very bottom of my list now!