theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 16-12-10, 11:44 PM   #1
kkman

kkman is on a distinguished road
A happy and tragic week, may be off my lovely Zed

After all mods done( Bmc cda induction, longlife exhaust, 52mm throttle body and adjustment to the throttle cable with the help of a nice merchanic), I spent another two hour to fit a full leather steering wheel which I got from DAVE MGT at a quite cheap price.

However, it has a sheet of copper missed which connects the black wire, so the horn will not work. Then I cut the sheet copper off the old one and fit it to the new one and finally it works. And the tool set which members here recommended did all the work.

During the process of work, my girlfriend hold the torch for me from 0:00 to 2:00am. I'm so lucky to meet her in the UK.

Then we decidede to go for a drive along the tynemouth beach. My car somehow stucked in the sand one the beach nearly half meter!!! We stopped a taxi ask for help and the taxi driver stay on the beach all the night to help us regardless of his business and didn't leave us though we can't get it out. He let us to stay in his car to get warm. Then 5 of my friends paid around 100quid taxi fee to come to help me out of this trouble. we were all exhausted. This long night makes realised there are so many kind people in the world like the old and fat taxi driver, makes realised what is friendship.

The next day, I decided to take some pics of my car, so I took it to a hand car wash center. One the way to home, I was so happy with my shiny blue car untile a policeman stopped me and told me that I don't have a insurance. my car has been kept in the vehicle recovery center of northumbria police now. However, I'v already paid for the insurance but it has been cancelled two days ago without any notification due to some unknown reason. Now I need to get a new insurance and pay 150quid recovery charge and 20quid storage fee for every 24 hours. Then I need to attend the court and pay 200quid for the penlty. Maybe my uk driving licence will be cancelled too.

so, I guess my next plan of mods will be delayed or car will be for sell.
Lots of happy day with ur guys here and without ur help I cant manage to do all these mods.

MG-ZS 1.8L

MG-KKman 0.18L
kkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-10, 05:28 AM   #2
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
thats unfortunate mate,your insurance wouldent have cancelled it for nothing tho,have you paid it,did you declare your mods on the car,obviously somethings not right,me personally would be annoyed,after your efforts on the car this week,good luck mate,hope you can get this all sorted out
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-10, 12:34 PM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear of your problems, you obviously wouldnt knowingly drive without insurance especially all the love and care youve put into the car.

Just had a look at this:- http://www.drivingban.co.uk/drivingb...tinsurance.htm

Think you can only take the fixed penalty or go to court and plead your case.

Best of luck with it.

As you say ?200 plus 6 points as a fixed penalty
Old 17-12-10, 01:09 PM   #4
marts66
Site Supporter

marts66 is on a distinguished road
YOU DROVE YOUR CAR ON TYNEMOUTH LONGSANDS BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell were you thinking mate? I'm glad you got your mods done but bloody hell, if we had had a high tide you'd be collecting your car from Amsterdam fella.

Next time I look in the 'Was it you?' section I'll look for coastguard reports (while we still have a coastguard that is).

Make sure when you get your insurance it covers maritime use!!!

Sarcasm....the lowest form of humour and the highest form of vulgarity.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

TF135 cams, 52mm throttle body, PECO SS catback, K&N Apollo, PAYEN headgasket, Tinted rear lenses, HID 6000k headlights, 100w mains, citroen washers, grooved discs with Mintex redbox pads, Sony Xplod + USB + 10 disc changer, sub + amp, one off alloy bonnet badge, rear headrests and the beat goes on...

Last edited by marts66; 17-12-10 at 01:59 PM.
marts66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-10, 01:34 PM   #5
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Sorry to hear of your troubles, hope you an sort out the insurance and find out why the cancelled it; pretty mean to do so without informing you that they are going to do so!

should 'just' be a fine and points, but going to court may help you out if you can argue that your insurance was cancelled without warning and you were therefore not at fault for driving without it.... is a long shot tho!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-10, 02:38 PM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear of your problems mate.
Old 17-12-10, 02:46 PM   #7
Paddyniknak

Paddyniknak is on a distinguished road
I think the question everyone wants to ask hear was did u build a good sand castle?
Paddyniknak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-10, 02:57 PM   #8
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Mandatory disqualification for no insurance IIRC unless you can provide mitigation in court - ie - your livelihood depends on it - to keep your licence.

Insurance policies don't just get cancelled without notice.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-10, 03:03 PM   #9
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
its 6 points for no insurance i think dan, few people i know have had that
Old 17-12-10, 03:14 PM   #10
marts66
Site Supporter

marts66 is on a distinguished road
Wish I'd known about you getting stuck on the beach, I could have watched it all here

http://www.tynemouth.org.uk/webcam.pl

Sarcasm....the lowest form of humour and the highest form of vulgarity.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

TF135 cams, 52mm throttle body, PECO SS catback, K&N Apollo, PAYEN headgasket, Tinted rear lenses, HID 6000k headlights, 100w mains, citroen washers, grooved discs with Mintex redbox pads, Sony Xplod + USB + 10 disc changer, sub + amp, one off alloy bonnet badge, rear headrests and the beat goes on...
marts66 is offline   Reply With Quote