theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 03-01-10, 02:41 PM   #1
martyn bro

martyn bro is on a distinguished road
Wink plenum/vis motors.

hi everyone, a great site i may add for info and gen chat. lots of grt pics of zs cars. my question-- people have said that the plenum and vis motors are something to be aware when buying a zs. is it an expensive job should your car require either doing? martyn
martyn bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 03:29 PM   #2
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Usually if you buy a plenum it will come with VIS motors. Think new plenums are on ebay for about £460?!?!? never done it but looks a straight forward enough job to replace yourself If it's just the vis motors gone then they are in the region of £90 each Have had both mine in and out and these are very easy to do yoursel
Old 03-01-10, 03:33 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Plenums are the most expensive if bought new. You can fit a second hand one for less. I'm still working on my repaired version, not done much work on it lately as I have been too busy. VIS motors can be easily repaired so no real worries there. All items easy to replace, guides are on here in the 'how to' section.
Old 03-01-10, 05:37 PM   #4
martyn bro

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Plenums are the most expensive if bought new. You can fit a second hand one for less. I'm still working on my repaired version, not done much work on it lately as I have been too busy. VIS motors can be easily repaired so no real worries there. All items easy to replace, guides are on here in the 'how to' section.
thanks, much appreciated
Old 03-01-10, 05:38 PM   #5
martyn bro

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Usually if you buy a plenum it will come with VIS motors. Think new plenums are on ebay for about £460?!?!? never done it but looks a straight forward enough job to replace yourself If it's just the vis motors gone then they are in the region of £90 each Have had both mine in and out and these are very easy to do yoursel
thanks, much appreciated