markoos08

markoos08 is on a distinguished road
Police car test drive

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-16716617
Oops!
markoos08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-12, 03:47 PM   #2
Captain Peanut

Captain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the rough
Saw that this morning, can't imagine having to tell the boss that you've totalled teh enw car!
Captain Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-12, 04:01 PM   #3
Nats Whiskas

Nats Whiskas is on a distinguished road
Ahhhh not to worries, that should buff out!

Whatever happened to them coppers that decided to do a bit of landscape gardening with that evo, i wonder?
Nats Whiskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-12, 04:27 PM   #4
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Looks like what I would manage if given the chance to drive like I do on Forza !

Glad no-one got hurt though ...
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-12, 08:32 PM   #5
Dav

Dav is on a distinguished road
Good to see the taxpayers money is being well spent on those advanced driving courses and letting PC Plod ponce about in a £30,000 car.

And sorry, who "test drives" a car at ten-to-two in the morning? Coz he's a copper, he'll ovie get away it...

AW04 HZG - My first love, in that scrapheap in the sky
SC54 FOU - The new bit, I'm in love again
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-12, 08:41 PM   #6
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
as above.
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-12, 09:43 PM   #7
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav View Post
Good to see the taxpayers money is being well spent on those advanced driving courses and letting PC Plod ponce about in a £30,000 car.

And sorry, who "test drives" a car at ten-to-two in the morning? Coz he's a copper, he'll ovie get away it...
Perhaps you would rather them practice high speed runs during the school run?
Old 26-01-12, 09:02 AM   #8
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
Perhaps you would rather them practice high speed runs during the school run?
I think the idea of what we would get told is there is a time and place for such activity which is a trackday or on private grounds...........not doing high speed or handling testing with road furniture for 'run off' areas...........

Sorry if my post comes across anti police.......it really isn't. I just don't like to see our money being burnt by someones carelessness. I know full well my local Police have karting events and other motorsport activities to hone their skills......I just don't think those skills should be 'furthered' on our roads.
Old 26-01-12, 09:10 AM   #9
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
This isn't testing the driver. This would have been testing the car and in the hands of someone trained to as very high standard. Not high enough I hear you think - but is there a person on here that has not had a prang before ? I've been given cars that are on test and motorbikes - to put them through what we do day to day.

Yep - terrible waste of a car. I say again though - just lucky no-one got hurt. And this isn't an anti police site - or an anti police post Boot hill - far from it. It's the one site I've been on where I don't care that people know what I do as you're all sensible and fair adults entitled to an opinion and where we're wrong - it's right to criticise and I'll say it too.

People have opinions on it that's why it featured. I've seen a BMW 530 d with less than 500 miles being cut open to release the 3 firearms officers who were stationary minding their own business and got hit from the rear by an HGV. Did that make the press .... no.... no story there ....

Why 2am though - seriously - because it's quiet.....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-12, 09:32 AM   #10
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Won't we all look silly if the car suffered a tyre blow out...

My point earlier though, was that if they have to chase down escaping cars they a. will need decent cars in which to do it (I doubt a Fiesta would do very well) b. will need to keep on top of fast driving in realistic environments, a skill which would otherwise deteriorate without practice. Given that they will have to give high speed chase at some point, Id rather they were practised in doing so.

We're all car enthusiasts, and as such we all would like the freedom to drive fast. But we don't need to do it for our job, this isn't a 'do what we say, no what we do' scenario.