AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 25-07-11, 10:02 PM   #31
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

You have taken my old car to new levels Andy. So impressed and so proud of you and I mean that. This car has always been in need of all the TLC she could ask for and more and thankfully you have provided that.

Even now you know, I drive the Vectra with a smile on my face but miss the ZS when I remember the driving position, the smell of the unburnt fuel from the exhaust on start up and the burbling noise on tickover and then the howl she would make going through the tunnel in Norway backing up all the traffic to a crawling pace straddling both lanes and gunning her hardto 100mph watching all the traffic move out the way to getting the speeding fine for it a year later.........to worrying Evos and a Delta Inergrale out the way on the Lydden trackday and returning to the pits with the brakes alight smoking away.......to the realisation of baby Ruby on the way and being the good Dad and calling it a day and selling up to Ross.

You've done a stirling job Andy.........keep looking after her like you are
Old 26-07-11, 05:46 AM   #32
Taphouse

Taphouse is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
My friend has em on his 1.2 corsa and its a shitbox yours clearly isnt a shitbox that's the only reason I don't like them but its your chap and its got a fair but if history amongst the forum so.....
I was only messing bud, I've been posting up on public forums for many moons now, and I know its about what your happy with. I was just giving it some light hearted banter, to many people take it to heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
What are you using as center caps for the straights? Also what are the weel nuts?
Its a 59mm end cap, they just push in. stick in google you should find something, I got mine from work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Having seen it in the flesh the bonnet doesn't look that bad, it is purposful and goes with the whole package.

However I am very disappointed, you waited until I had gone so as "not to spoil" your pictures with a proper colour one in them!
The glow of TY was making mine look orange!!!

I would of liked some photos of all the cars, but they packed us in so tight we didnt get a chance!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit View Post
You have taken my old car to new levels Andy. So impressed and so proud of you and I mean that. This car has always been in need of all the TLC she could ask for and more and thankfully you have provided that.

Even now you know, I drive the Vectra with a smile on my face but miss the ZS when I remember the driving position, the smell of the unburnt fuel from the exhaust on start up and the burbling noise on tickover and then the howl she would make going through the tunnel in Norway backing up all the traffic to a crawling pace straddling both lanes and gunning her hardto 100mph watching all the traffic move out the way to getting the speeding fine for it a year later.........to worrying Evos and a Delta Inergrale out the way on the Lydden trackday and returning to the pits with the brakes alight smoking away.......to the realisation of baby Ruby on the way and being the good Dad and calling it a day and selling up to Ross.

You've done a stirling job Andy.........keep looking after her like you are
Thank you Jim, I havent finished yet!! Hopefully I'll have plenty of memorial events in her too.
Old 26-07-11, 09:23 AM   #33
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Jim, you would be proud of the car, does look the biz, and sounds fantastic, did say I know someone that would love to buy it back.

As you say, family comes first, but rest assured the car is in good hands.

Come a long way from Auto Barn, now, just 30 odd miles up the road, small world.

Old 22-08-11, 07:59 AM   #34
MG Nabz

MG Nabz is on a distinguished road
That looks ace good work pal
MG Nabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 05:35 AM   #35
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Jim, you would be proud of the car, does look the biz, and sounds fantastic, did say I know someone that would love to buy it back.

As you say, family comes first, but rest assured the car is in good hands.

Come a long way from Auto Barn, now, just 30 odd miles up the road, small world.

If I get the chance I would be tempted lol