theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 03-08-13, 10:53 PM   #11
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by POMPSKI View Post
Mate I have a spare sheddist master cylinder but it'l have to be a last resort as I dont want to break the spare kit up. Not sure how much adaptation from the original Honda one Sheddist done, hopefully none.

I've tried to contact him and am awaiting a reply to hopefully see what can be done to sort it. Its annoying as it is our only car and the mrs takes the 2 children out in it and if its a seal that's starting to go you never know when its going to throw the towel in as such and don't want them getting stranded somewhere.
Also supposed to be going away Tuesday for a few days and again just hope its doesn't get too much worse.

Hopefully Nigel will be back in touch soon and can get it fixed as I would've thought if its a kit he modifies / makes he must have replacement parts available to pass on too? Fingers crossed about that one anyway as its only been on there for about 1 year now.
Old 03-08-13, 11:02 PM   #12
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
If you're desperate mate I'll help you out - I didnt get an answer from Nigel for over a year before I found someone selling one.

Just message me whenever.
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 11:07 PM   #13
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
If you're desperate mate I'll help you out - I didnt get an answer from Nigel for over a year before I found someone selling one.

Just message me whenever.

Sweet I really appreciate that. I will give him a couple of days to answer or at least until Monday and if no response by then ill call and leave a message that way too.
Hoping he will get back but if not and your completely sure I may well take you up on the offer and see what we can sort out then.
Ill be up your way from tuesday as were having a week in Norfolk and will be possibly visiting round your way too. If you see a Tahiti blue mk1 hatch on mk2 wheels you know its me
Old 03-08-13, 11:30 PM   #14
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
really goes to show that within this forum there are guys that are willing to help others out,top respect guys,good for dan,for the goodies,and good for pompski,for helping you out craig if you need it bud
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 07:21 AM   #15
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I'm pretty sure he didn't do anything to the internals of the m/cyl, so a seal kit should sort the leaking problem

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 08:11 AM   #16
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
I'm pretty sure he didn't do anything to the internals of the m/cyl, so a seal kit should sort the leaking problem

I did wonder if something like that would be available but I work in the parts area and most seal kits I ever get asked for are not available to us. Think more because most company's would rather sell a complete unit now compared to a little accessory kit but its very frustrating. I know we as a company don't deal with every single supplier but it makes me wonder where you would get them from. Who or where would be a good place to try for something like that do you think?
I also now can't remember fully what the master cylinder came off of and its unidentifiable as all part no's were ground off the units upon assembly by the looks of things as I took them to work hoping to try and keep a note for spares which didnt happen.
Just can't believe this has started to go now and just before we're to be going away, I know its one of those things but it is frustrating.

Hopefully he shall get back to me soon so can get something sorted.
Old 04-08-13, 11:43 AM   #17
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
Sweet I really appreciate that. I will give him a couple of days to answer or at least until Monday and if no response by then ill call and leave a message that way too.
Hoping he will get back but if not and your completely sure I may well take you up on the offer and see what we can sort out then.
Ill be up your way from tuesday as were having a week in Norfolk and will be possibly visiting round your way too. If you see a Tahiti blue mk1 hatch on mk2 wheels you know its me
Feel free to stop by anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys1981 View Post
really goes to show that within this forum there are guys that are willing to help others out,top respect guys,good for dan,for the goodies,and good for pompski,for helping you out craig if you need it bud
Yup, this forum is ace.
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 03:30 PM   #18
Craig-ZS180

Well some good news, whilst out today in London I got an email from Nigel saying he has had this issue a few times now on the master cylinders so does keep them to sell on separately which is good. Cost if the new master will be £50 so I may well buy that and try to find a seal kit to repair mine and keep as a spare. Doubt will get it though before I go on holiday which is a shame as dont want it letting go but that's just the way the cookie crumbles I suppose.

At least its good news though
Old 04-08-13, 03:32 PM   #19
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Feel free to stop by anyway

Yup, this forum is ace.
May well do that depending on when and where we end up over the coming week. If we are indeed near ill PM you to get details

Yeah the forum is certainly a great one to be part of as people are willing to help as and when needed which is more than you can ask for.