theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 08-09-13, 05:02 PM   #1
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
ZS gave proper smiles last night :)

Went out for a much needed blast in the zed last night and it made me smile properly which it hasn't really done for a while now.
Just went out for a good hard drive and had a few plays with a few other marque's which was very interesting.
It surprised a a 330ci that ha previously been sat on my arse all te way up a single carriageway that when he finally passed I was then glued to him.
A lexus is200 that at least from the outside was heavily modified and then left quite far behind once we both got on the dual carriageway an then finally a Focus ST, the turbo one. We had a play all the way up n down a local stretch of dual carriageway again which was good fun, all taken light heartedly and kept within reason but the biggest surprise was when we pulled off to go under another road where I changed down gear under the road where no street lighting and suddenly Pop and a huge flash of orangey yellow light from behind the car, think it popped a bit of a flame out the back. Maybe wrong but I don't know where the light would've come from otherwise. Either way, sounded and looked great lol.

A nice and well needed fun drive
Old 08-09-13, 05:27 PM   #2
ZSbhoy_1724

ZSbhoy_1724 is on a distinguished road
A ZS will give you alot of hardship most of the time it will get you annoyed but every once in a while you will take her out she will be absolutly dead on and it will put a massive smile on your face and give you a great sense of something thats quite hard to put your finger on that no other car can do. Even for someone like me whos only been on the road a few weeks
ZSbhoy_1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 05:34 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I cannot condone or support his type of tomfoolery ....

Glad you had fun pal ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 05:43 PM   #4
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Worth all the annoying little mechanical problems they throw up, when they are on tune and going well.

Old 08-09-13, 06:51 PM   #5
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Yes it has been a major pain of recent with loads of minor issues being very annoying and just not running right. Still having issues with other bits but last night it was like she was having a hair down night too and wanted to be driven and driven hard.
Before people start going "you shouldn't be speeding and always be safe" I was ok pushing it at times but only on stretches of road that allowed for it to be done. If other traffic was around (other than the other car having a pop) then I at least backed off and chilled out but I also wasn't "raggin" the car round all night.
Just an extremely fun and spirited drive as and where appropriate.

I'm imagining the possible flame was probably due to my recent over fuelling issue which still trying to crack the source of. Still if it does that more often I won't mind so much as it was blooming bright of it was a lil spark out the back

I agree though, mine can certainly be a major pain in my arse for 95% of ownership but as and when its playing ball, what a ride it gives
Old 08-09-13, 06:53 PM   #6
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
I cannot condone or support his type of tomfoolery ....

Glad you had fun pal ....

That wasn't aimed at you Dan the part about people saying you shouldn't drive in certain ways but thought I'd better state I wasn't driving like a complete t#*t Just enjoyed myself.
Old 08-09-13, 07:40 PM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Glad you had a spirited drive, sometimes it has to be done and under the right conditions. We all do it so no-one can really say too much afterall this is an MG forum for enthusiasts. I am as guilty as the next man when playtime comes around
Old 08-09-13, 07:45 PM   #8
Craig-ZS180

Oh I know we all will have and done similar at points and will continue to do so, I just didnt want to sound as though I'd been reckless out on the roads.

That's it though Mick, time and place and alls good. It just felt totally wired last night, really really enjoyed being pushed! Certainly what they enjoy doing and also encourage
Old 08-09-13, 08:52 PM   #9
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
I know what you mean. My Zed has this magic pill that seems to ease away most ills. You dont have to go fast to feel the way these cars just go round bends, and the noise from the V6...............better than the Samaratans!
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote