theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 09-04-13, 09:27 AM   #91
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Who ordered all this rain, going to be a bit more interesting out there if it stays like this unless its just down here in the Southend area.
Old 09-04-13, 09:34 AM   #92
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
It will clear up and be fine!!!!!

If not I'm bringing the camera and will just be the photo guy!!!!

Not that I'm a woose or anything!!!!
Old 09-04-13, 02:10 PM   #93
Steve mead

Steve mead is on a distinguished road
Nothing wrong with a bit of slipperiness into paddock!
Steve mead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 02:19 PM   #94
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Maybe not for the more experienced however im still relatively new to the track day driving as only done a few previous days out.
Dont mind controlled sliding but into paddock is another question altogether..
Old 09-04-13, 02:40 PM   #95
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Havent seen anyone crash yet lol.
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 07:58 PM   #96
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Well - home safe - car went well.

Light rain made it very slippery and there were a few guys on track that were pushing too hard for me to be honest. I was lucky during my stint as I went out at the back and so it took a long time for the faster guys to catch up with me, but when they did, they fairly flew past not paying any attention to the pass on the straights only part of the briefing, so I came in a bit early.

All in all a great little session. Car proved itself to be fast on the straights and safe in the bends at my low speed. Next time I'll hope for dry weather and then I'll maybe push a bit harder.

Lots of spins from some front and rear wheel drive cars, so very glad to get home unscathed.

Great to see you again Pete - Craig - hope it went well mate, sorry we couldn't stay to see you afterwards.

Daytona .... Where were you .... ?

Last edited by Dan1971; 09-04-13 at 08:05 PM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 08:19 PM   #97
Craig-ZS180

It was good to see you guys again, sorry to Pete that didnt get to return the coffee this time but next time you know where to turn mate when you get thirsty
That is a good point Dan, where was Daytona? I thought you were going to be there too so hope nothing serious cropped up.

I will second what you said Dan, it was very slippery out there, only had the back step out slightly twice whilst finding its limit but the little twitches were enough in the conditions today.
Yours did look good out there buddy and sounded very nice too.
Unfortunately for me it seems my whiny gearbox has suffered a touch more from going there today, the whine was a little more noticeable on the way home so a replacement may be required in the near future, other than that though what a good few sessions out there even with the dreary weather.
Old 09-04-13, 10:37 PM   #98
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Well............... went out but wasn't for me, I tiptoed round, MR2 went pass on the straight, then as I went down the hill he was spinning in the middle of the track.

Still was good to meet up with Dan and his mate and Craig.

Did do a couple of laps, but then came in, two cars then spun off and next lap everyone was in.

Think too much of the Yellow Peril to stay out among the fast guys.

All the blue flashing signs were a bit of a give away, still well done to those that could drive in the wet and slippery conditions, way beyond my skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But next time in the dry.............

Old 10-04-13, 03:15 PM   #99
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Few pics from yesrerday.

Dan's motor

Craigs car and Craig getting a bit of advice from Dan re. the wet track!!

Tasty one for Craig to catch.

Just to prove I did get out

Dan on his way home.

Was a good day, just a shame it was a bit wet.
Old 10-04-13, 03:46 PM   #100
Craig-ZS180

Some very nice pics there Peter, was looking forward to seeing some of these to be honest. Hope she didnt get too cold standing there all the time taking the shots as was flippin nippy out there.

Shame about the weather thats for sure but hopefully fun was still had by all that went out on track.