theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-08-12, 12:47 PM   #1
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
VIS Testers install!!

Well after the clean and polish yesterday, thought Id start to fit my VIS tester.

Printed off the installation guide.

1.Disconnet battery.......................EASY
2.Remove the switch cover.............EASY
3.Unbolt expansion tank.................EASY
4.Allow access to grommet, pierce with screwdriver and feed cable through.......................................EASY
5.Pull cable through to behind the switch...F***ing hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The grommet comes through above the throttle pedal. So to even see the wire coming through you got to get on your back, and get your head up by the pedals. Then once wire found, almost no room to grab to pull through. Once I had pulled wire through, mmmmmmmmmmm how does one get it from the grommet to the hole in dash where switch cover was????
There is practically no space behind the dash , main loom, sound deadening. I took the inner fuse box cover/cubby tray off to expose bit more space.
Decided to use an old metal coathanger and push it through until it came out by the grommet. Sellotaped the wire and slowly pulled coat hanger back. This got wire to infront of inner fusebox. Then with much swearing and knuckle scrapping managed to get it to the back of hole. Then with a pair of longnose pliers pulled it thorugh and pushed it onto back of indicator. Put indicator into switch hole and pulled excess cable back into engine bay.

Phew hard work. Just got to wire it up now..........
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote