theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-06-13, 05:08 PM   #121
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
Thanks guys. Yeah prefer to do my own work tbh.
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-13, 05:11 AM   #122
MG 53 ZED

MG 53 ZED is on a distinguished road
My Zed passed her mot yesterday with flying colours and no advisories, on a negative note though my air con has stopped working (think i have a leak) and may have problem with my gearbox still i am happy she passed her mot
Old 31-08-13, 07:24 AM   #123
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG 53 ZED View Post
My Zed passed her mot yesterday with flying colours and no advisories, on a negative note though my air con has stopped working (think i have a leak) and may have problem with my gearbox still i am happy she passed her mot
Congrats.

My A/C is still in the car and all good if you need something.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-13, 08:54 AM   #124
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Well done Hamish, changed my clutch at 75.000, started getting a bit stiff to get into 1st.

Certainly made it feel better, dont forget to check for a seized, clutch arm, if you get it done.

My a/c works but not as cold as it was, had it re-gassed 4 years ago, so cant complain.

Old 31-08-13, 10:06 AM   #125
Jason04r

Jason04r is on a distinguished road
I'm going to explain the MOT process in Spain - Took my Astra yesterday

Get to the main MOT center , its a big warehouse with 5 lanes ( extra 2 for artics ). Go into the office and provide them with the car papers , pay 38 euros and your given a lane number.

Wait for the lane number to appear on the massive LED screen outside. Go to the lane number and your greeted by a unhappy Spaniard.

1st- oil check and fluids.
2nd- lights , indicators ,full beam , light alignment.
3rd - Check the chassis number matches ( under the passengers plastic door thing )
4th - Rear lights , indicators , brake lights , reverse light.
5th - Seatbelt check all round
6th - drive into a metal grid where they basically bounce the car up and down and side to side to check the front and rear suspensions okay
7th - rolling road to check brakes , handbrake
8th- emissions test - rev to 2000RPM
9th - Drive out - this takes less than 10 minutes! wait for the person to arrive back with the papers and a new ITV ( MOT ) sticker to place in the front window
Jason04r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 02:32 PM   #126
pucc

pucc is on a distinguished road
Mot

Took the Mrs for her yearly MOT, as I expected there were no problems.
I got one advisory for a little extra travel in the hand break. All sorted now.
pucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 06:42 PM   #127
MG 53 ZED

MG 53 ZED is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Congrats.

My A/C is still in the car and all good if you need something.
Cheers Dan but i probably will not get it sorted untill next year as there are a few other jobs i want to get done on the Zed 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Well done Hamish, changed my clutch at 75.000, started getting a bit stiff to get into 1st.

Certainly made it feel better, dont forget to check for a seized, clutch arm, if you get it done.

My a/c works but not as cold as it was, had it re-gassed 4 years ago, so cant complain.

Cheers Pete it's only when i have been driving the car for more than 45 minutes or it is a hot day i have to use a little bit of force to get her in gear. According to the paper work i have the clutch was replaced in 2010 so that should be ok. I had the A/C re-gassed about two months ago worked great for a couple of weeks then stoped putting out cold air so most likely is a leak somewhere?.

Old 05-09-13, 11:37 AM   #128
Ant_ZS180

Ant_ZS180 is on a distinguished road
Took the zed for its mot today and it sailed through with only one advisory on a worn inner front tyre, happy days! All the recent expense and effort was worthwhile
Old 05-09-13, 12:08 PM   #129
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Well done.

Put two Hankooks on the front, had a 4 way alignment check, after getting it back to the o/e settings, the guy said it would wear the front two inner shoulders. Due to the factory set up!!!

So maybe a front to rear swap at some time to lessen the wear.

Old 12-09-13, 05:44 PM   #130
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Thats my one done and dusted.

I use Halfords Autocentres, I know a lot dont rate them, but I never have any probs.

Only thing you have to watch is that they emailed me a reminder, and offered a special price of £35. But I know if you go online you get it for 1/2 price, so booked in for £27.42.

On the day, they reckoned the o/s/r number plate bulb was out, issued a fail and fitted a new one and issued a pass. £10 extra so they got £37.42 in the end, but I was happy at that.