theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-06-13, 09:30 PM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Talking Stamford’s ZS180

The poor zed has been sorned since November 2012 and has been laid up due to the winter break, plus holidays, ill health and a bereavement. So tonight I dug it out and popped it on the driveway. Two flat tyres, covered in crap and cobwebs!

Got the wheels off, rear calipers off, then started to strip the lower arms and coilovers. The coilovers need cleaning as the adjusters have become stuck. I need to raise the car by around 25mm as the interior is back in. Plus with the new rims and tyres that need to be bought it needs clearance. However on stripping the offside coilover the inner lower LCA bolt is seized! So I can see some fun ahead, will soak the joint first but I think it'll be a drill through job to get it out! Then there's the nearside to look at!

Once the brakes have been overhauled (including new hoses and fluid) then it's down to the garage for the balljoints to be done as I don't have the tools and the patience to do it myself, while it's there they will MOT it.

Before then I'll need to roll the arches as the rims and 235s may be a tad tight. BTCC kit will be nice

So hopefully the old girl will get some use this year and on a personal note it is a much needed diversion from things that have happened recently.

On a good note it did start first time with a fresh battery, god I miss the noise!