theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 29-04-17, 09:06 PM   #1
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Mg zs 180 mk2 firefrost

For sale, my MK2 FIrefrost saloon. Car is a 180 with piper 270 cams and vernier pulleys. janspeed manifolds, complete system I think. Sports cat. Has a piggy back ECU. Shedist clutch hydraulics, lightned flywheel. Dimple and groved front discs, grey alcantara seats with rear head rests and the correct escutcheons.

Since owning I have replaced the thermostat, new plugs, oil and filter change, oil twice, green cottons air filter, gutted the resonator, fitted Diesel engine cover/splash guard, opened up fog light bezel and fitted finer black powder coated mesh behind it and to the front grill, lower stone guard grill and plasticoated the frame red to make it stand out, fitted catch tank with silicon hoses, fitted VIS indicators, both VIS working, power VIS ultimate power VIS as refurbed by Petet16 (RIP) powder coated the battery box, fitted OEM rear parking sensors, alpine head unit, upgraded rear component speakers, has a set of original grey MG matts and original MG front rubber over matts. Oh and completely rebuilt the front end from a same age same colour car. There's probably more but that's all I can think of for the moment.

Good bits, full 13 month MOT, no advisories. Goes well, stops well, done over 2000 miles in it in the last year and it's never let me down. Gears change is probably the best I've ever experienced in a 180. Sounds epic.

Bad bits, it is a cat C, no history with the car other than what I've done myself. Car does have an on going EML P0175 which relates to the bank 2 pre-cat lambda sensor. I've replaced the sensor but the code came back so I think it in the wiring. Will give you more info if interested. I just reset the code when it comes on and the car drives fine.

Would like £1200 ono

Some recent pictures taken at POL.

Last edited by MG ZS STE; 30-04-17 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Fixed links to photos
MG ZS STE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-17, 09:22 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Most of the pictures aren't working

Mileage?
Belts?
Old 29-04-17, 11:54 PM   #3
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Most of the pictures aren't working

Mileage?
Belts?
Thanks James. Not sure why that is, perhaps admin/Sam can take a look?

Mileage is 55429. No history other than what I've done but assume belts due.
Old 30-04-17, 09:23 AM   #4
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
That is a lot of car for the money .....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-17, 06:32 PM   #5
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
That is a lot of car for the money .....
It is, also just remembered the ratech splitter it has now.

Car is taxed and insured until 17/5. So until then any trial welcome, any trial. After that you will have to make do with a tuttle around the block. Too many ANPR cameras around the area to risk going further than that.
Old 30-04-17, 07:29 PM   #6
Bakermgzs

Bakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG ZS STE View Post
For sale, my MK2 FIrefrost saloon. Car is a 180 with piper 270 cams and vernier pulleys. janspeed manifolds, complete system I think. Sports cat. Has a piggy back ECU. Shedist clutch hydraulics, lightned flywheel. Dimple and groved front discs, grey alcantara seats with rear head rests and the correct escutcheons.

Since owning I have replaced the thermostat, new plugs, oil and filter change, oil twice, green cottons air filter, gutted the resonator, fitted Diesel engine cover/splash guard, opened up fog light bezel and fitted finer black powder coated mesh behind it and to the front grill, lower stone guard grill and plasticoated the frame red to make it stand out, fitted catch tank with silicon hoses, fitted VIS indicators, both VIS working, power VIS ultimate power VIS as refurbed by Petet16 (RIP) powder coated the battery box, fitted OEM rear parking sensors, alpine head unit, upgraded rear component speakers, has a set of original grey MG matts and original MG front rubber over matts. Oh and completely rebuilt the front end from a same age same colour car. There's probably more but that's all I can think of for the moment.

Good bits, full 13 month MOT, no advisories. Goes well, stops well, done over 2000 miles in it in the last year and it's never let me down. Gears change is probably the best I've ever experienced in a 180. Sounds epic.

Bad bits, it is a cat C, no history with the car other than what I've done myself. Car does have an on going EML P0175 which relates to the bank 2 pre-cat lambda sensor. I've replaced the sensor but the code came back so I think it in the wiring. Will give you more info if interested. I just reset the code when it comes on and the car drives fine.

Would like £1200 ono

Some recent pictures taken at POL.

Hi I would be very interested in buyin this,did you do cams and flywheel yourself?or have u been told when u brought it?so have no receipts?if I buy it would be for the engine and the bits done to it u mentioned and put in my car.
So what is the piggy back ecu running?and I assume it plugs to ur standard ecu?
Thanks for ur time
Bakermgzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-17, 08:41 PM   #7
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

Cams and other engine mods were done by the former owner. He could and probably would tell you all about it if you asked him. Known on here and other places as staccato. I have had the cam covers off and you can slearly see it's got the piper vernier pulleys. The piggy back is a uni-chip.
Old 30-04-17, 09:21 PM   #8
Bakermgzs

Bakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Cams and other engine mods were done by the former owner. He could and probably would tell you all about it if you asked him. Known on here and other places as staccato. I have had the cam covers off and you can slearly see it's got the piper vernier pulleys. The piggy back is a uni-chip.
Ok sounds good I have lot to think about cos lot work but we're are you in U.K.
Old 30-04-17, 10:18 PM   #9
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

Solihull. 5 minutes from M42 J5.
Old 30-04-17, 10:25 PM   #10
Bakermgzs

Quote:
Solihull. 5 minutes from M42 J5.
So if I payed 1200 cash for car what's chances of you being able to bring it to Hertfordshire and I cover cost plus ur time???