theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 27-10-12, 01:31 PM   #11
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Water leaks can be a pita, even with a hose pipe, one tip that I've found useful is to sprinkle a bit of talcum powder in any suspect areas, the water leaves a very distinct track in the powder

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-12, 11:37 AM   #12
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
yeah - that was going to be my next plan - think it is the rear screen leak again though.

It has been munching bulbs and with the nose down position it runs onto the boot carpet - some soaking through the rest running along there- under the rear seats - along the floor and down to the footwell.

wheel well is holding a drop at the moment - and it has been parked nose up for a few days..

typically not had enough rain recently to properly trace it through!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 07:58 PM   #13
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
well after a nice big downpour i discovered i fixed the leak into the boot - but once more i have a rather wet footwell - the annoying thing is that i am going to be away from the car and it is left outside now for the next week or so...

After reading stamford's post i think i am going to have to do a temp bodge and tape the sunroof shut to see if that is the source of the leak - dont think i am going to have much more time than that on the weekends to trouble shoot....

at least if i know where it is leaking i can then try to work out how to clear it - not having access to and airline though is going to make things a bit tougher i think
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 04-11-12, 08:05 PM   #14
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

When I was fitting my new wipers, I noticed that a large grommet had popped out of the bulkhead, behind the fuse box.

Looks like it will need the fuse box out to fix it.

Would be a easy route for the water to get in.

Old 04-11-12, 08:12 PM   #15
p_b82
Site Supporter

fuse box is the wrong side tho isn't it... drivers footwell is getting wet not the passenger... and now the car is parked almost flat (slightly nose up if anything)
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports