theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 13-02-11, 12:06 AM   #31
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
and perhaps even a road tax increase.
Car tax is primarly based on age and then either capacity or CO2, anything before 1st March 2001 is based on capacity, anything over 1549cc is currently ?205pa, the good news is this rate can be applied to the age of the vehicle OR the engine, which ever is the oldest!
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-13, 08:17 AM   #32
Din

Din has a spectacular aura aboutDin has a spectacular aura about
I read somewhere that the hubs and driveshafts where different ? ie you needed the 420 ones ?

Or is that only if your are converting a 1.8 ?

Its the loom im not looking forward too, seeing as im going down the "hard but cheap" route

The only other thing im not sure about yet.. so lets say i have fitted the bay loom from the 420 complete, then why do i need a 220 loom for the engine ... or is that if fitting a dizzy lump ?

Being a wasted spark Ti lump, is it not possable to simply use the 420 gsi engine loom ?

Im sure i will answer my own questions in time lol, just keep thinking about it !

Great guide though,it was this guide that made me hunt for a 420 complete tbh, loom, pas pipes etc etc,sod looking for all that on ebay or scrap yard hunting.
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-13, 08:28 AM   #33
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I think the hubs are the same, but you might need to use the zs cv joints on the 420 shafts, the reason for this is the different abs rings, the 420 is most likely 27 teeth and the zs 42 or 43 (can't remember which) lol, worth checking the 420 ones though they may be good to use as they are.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-13, 08:41 AM   #34
Din

Din has a spectacular aura aboutDin has a spectacular aura about
Hmm, so 420 driveshafts with zs 180 outer cv joints ? that would be good as the zs i have has brand new outer cvs fitted lol, and then i dont have to faff swapping the abs rings either lol.
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-13, 08:49 AM   #35
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Yes, might as well try and use all the new bits off both cars where possible.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote