theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 11-05-13, 03:04 PM   #11
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
some old photos here - http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=1764
Old 11-05-13, 03:11 PM   #12
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
I even got to see the true colour of the paint the other day - lush.
It is isnt it? Not something we get to see every day here....
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 05:27 PM   #13
welshone

welshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nice
Well done in getting this car. Good things come to those who wait. You should know going by your signature, that was some time ago you said that
MG ZS 180 Saloon Starlight Silver - 2003 Current

MG ZS TD Saloon XPower Grey 2004 Gone
MG ZS 180 Saloon Trophy Blue 2003 Gone
Rover BRM Gone
welshone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 10:31 PM   #14
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
another nice car to the fleet mate,as ian says good things come to those who wait
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-13, 06:19 AM   #15
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I didn't achieve as much as I hoped yesterday as it took me longer than I'd hoped to assemble the garden swing chair for Mrs TC but that kept her happy, then there was a F1 and finally rain.

However I did strip the H/U and all the associated leads and boxes and the dash end of the cruise control out of GV51. I also stripped the rear seats from both and swapped the rear speakers so FE54 now has an O/E back cabin.
Old 13-05-13, 07:47 PM   #16
talkingcars

Just a quicky today - popped in to the breakers yard and picked up the O/E terminals for the rear speakers (and the wiring for the MGF mirror), and this evening I've just spent half an hour soldering this on to the existing speaker wires so I can now run the O/E rear speakers.

There is nothing wrong with the vibe focal set up except you need to be running a separate sub to get any depth and as I'm a rock fan I need a bit of depth.

I also moved the wire that runs from the alarm to the boot from trailing through the seat opening so it now follows the main loom.
Old 13-05-13, 08:23 PM   #17
Tomoose

Tomoose is on a distinguished road
Great project, and I love your attitude to improvements. Keep the updates coming!

ZS120+ and ZS180. Love them both!
Tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-13, 10:25 PM   #18
talkingcars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoose View Post
Great project, and I love your attitude to improvements. Keep the updates coming!
Cheers.

After supper and before Greggs I spent 15 minutes starting to run the cable for the auto changer and the sub.
Old 14-05-13, 07:40 PM   #19
talkingcars

F'in weather - got all the bits to do the battery to boot conversion but it is pouring with rain so I can't really be pulling out carpets and seats!
Old 14-05-13, 08:05 PM   #20
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
Nice to see the old girl getting the love i could never give her (bloody turbo zed!)

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote