theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 15-05-13, 11:12 PM   #21
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmadbaker View Post
Nice to see the old girl getting the love i could never give her (bloody turbo zed!)
Don't agree with that, you, Luke and Sam all had an input to her over the years.

On the way home I was looking foward to some more car time - the earlier rain had dried and the sun was out BUT as I pulled up drops of rain started appearing on the windscreen, by the time I'd had a coffee it was pouring.

By half past seven it'd stopped so I got outside. I considered fitting the servo bracket that had arrived today but as I need some bolts for that and a second person to hold the bolts on the inside as I do them up from the outside..........

Instead I got on with refitting the side trims that life beside the rear seats asI'd taken them off to run the auto changer and new RCA leads on one side and the battery to boot cable on the otherside.

I then got the rear seats back in and finally ran the battery cable to the front of the car.

Finally I popped the kick panel on the nearside of the passanger foot well off ready to run the cable. Unfortunatly that also gave me the chance to confirm that the mk2 loom doesn't have the wiring for the cruise control.

Not bad for an hours work.
Old 16-05-13, 06:15 AM   #22
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Don't agree with that, you, Luke and Sam all had an input to her over the years.
Well its true im afraid lol in her prime she was looooovely, as i got more distracted by other projects she started to get neglected (but NEVER let me down might i add!) I virtually stripped the best bits from her (due to super mega money loss after 4/5 years of ownership) and sold her on for others to attempt to bring her back to her finest! Which u appear to be doing to a very high standard, hence.. Its nice to see the old girl getting the same attention to detail and love i USED to be able to give it

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-13, 10:20 AM   #23
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Got in another hour between work and going to Sainsburys -

got the battery cable through the bulkhead,
fitted the terminal,
pulled the slack bag all the way to the boot,
finished removing the old power feed for the sub
(not point having a battery in the boot and powering the sub from the front)
and removed the Megarazin High Capacity System & Battery Performance Monitor from the battery ready for relocating.

Another positive came when Mrs TC asked to drive FE54 to the supermarket, she never asks to drive and doesn't particularly enjoy it, however she did like driving this one which was strange as she didn't like the mk1 and only drove it twice in 5 1/2 years.

Today it's dry - I've got all the bits to finish moving the battery and a couple of other jobs and I've got all day.............might even take some photos
Old 18-05-13, 10:21 AM   #24
talkingcars

Link to the battery monitor - http://pivotjp.com/product/vs-m/img/vs-m_catalog-e.pdf
Old 18-05-13, 11:43 AM   #25
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Going to be difficult to decide which one of the fleet to take to meets/shows!!!

Old 18-05-13, 12:18 PM   #26
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
"when Mrs TC asked to drive FE54" I can see where this is going

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-13, 11:03 AM   #27
talkingcars

Not much progress in the last month as I put some time into getting the MGF ready for our 2013 roadtrip, this year we drove down to Italy and spent 3 nights in Verona which enabled us to visit Venice, Palma and Modena (inc. the museum). Prior to departure I got the cruise control kit I bought before last years roadtrip working, still needs fine tuning but defiantly worth it for long runs.

Unfortunately on the ferry back I found the cause of the coolant usage, a leak from the cambelt end of the engine so I spent the following week trying to get to the water pump, I am still to get the alternator drive wheel off but a cordless impact wrench is now on order.

Back to FE54 - I have finished running the autochanger and RCA leads, fitted the autochanger under the shelf instead of on the floor, fitted the boot mounted warning triangle and last night fitted the battery tray and started sorting the rest of the boot to fit the mk1 carpet, Dans strut brace and my battery box.

I have also prepared GV51 for the front seat and carpet swap, just need a dry day to to complete the swap.

Today I'll be off to the local breakers to find the rear electric window bits as at the very least I want to fit the electrics while the interior is in bits. The last trip yielded a Rover 820 interior light so wiring this and the MGF mirror are another job that needs doing.
Old 15-06-13, 11:14 AM   #28
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Saw Rimmers had some cheap rear window electric stuff.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/ItemList...8--outlet-true

Dont know if thats what you are after??
Old 15-06-13, 12:17 PM   #29
talkingcars

Thanks Pete but I should be able to get everything I need for under £20.
Old 15-06-13, 04:35 PM   #30
peterzs
promoted bloke!

even better!!