theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 17-07-07, 09:44 PM   #1
Matto 180

Matto 180 is on a distinguished road
Petition to XPart & NAC...

Rumours can be dangerous, but I guess we have all heard about the ‘unavailability’ of certain spares for MGR models. Amongst these, the MK2 ZS seems to be a real issue (which is one of the reasons I decided to limit the use of mine to pleasure only) where the body kit, bumpers and alloy wheels seem to be a problem.

Now, I’m also quite ignorant about the logistics of spare parts supply, but I do wonder if XPart (and NAC for future relations) truly understand how well loved and supported many of the last MG cars are. I’m totally convinced that the ZS 180 (in both forms) will be a sort after classic in years to come and seems to me that it would be a real shame if many of these fantastic cars became the victims of an untimely demise!

So maybe we, as enthusiasts, could start some form of petition (or PART-ition) to both XPart and NAC to establish continued supply of ALL spares for beloved Zeds?

I thought I’d start this thread here firstly but, if there’s any interest, we could seek collaboration from some of the other forums.

What do you think folks?

ZR/ZS/ZT Register Chairman
Matto 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-07, 09:53 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Certainly no harm in sounding it out over a few forums, after all it is the car that matters, not where the voices come from. We can also target those 'privateer' garages etc who have splintered off from the dealerships to support the marque. Until we see the projected forecasts and model range in full, we don't know for sure if the MG5 will be mass produced or just a pre-production maybe, unlike the intentions of the MG7 which we know is the ZT/75. If the MG5 will be a model produced, then the MKII ZS should be okay for spares, albeit exported. The future MG5 could end up being a 'grey import'. I'm sure we have some people whose finger is more on the pulse on this subject.
Old 17-07-07, 11:04 PM   #3
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
"Those who shout loudest are most often heard" springs to mind.... It wouldn't hurt to try. After all if we try and nothing comes of it we will still be in the same position as now, so there's nothing to loose.

I think the problem is that Xpart only make the spares in batches when there are x number on order. As i'm sure you can guess there are some parts needed more than others, and it's the less needed parts seem to be the problem. As far as i am aware most parts are easily enough got.
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-07, 11:14 PM   #4
ian zs180

Smile

yeah great idea wont do any harm would it to start a petition maybe they would listen nothing to lose have we but a great deal to gain you never know
Old 18-07-07, 11:29 AM   #5
aldon

aldon is on a distinguished road
see here. particularly post #10

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=38452
aldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-07, 12:09 PM   #6
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
If anyone is interested in what parts are / aren't available through Xpart then you can go and have a look at the wizard here - http://www.xpart-allmakes.com/Vehicle.aspx

Hope that puts peoples mind at rest.
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote