theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-09-10, 01:18 PM   #11
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, have to say i am indeed a happy bunny...

thanks to the collective minds over on .org i think iam getting to a point where i can plan to start to get some bits together to fashion something.

will go with an external wastegate, as it can be boost controlled and i have already got a boost line plumbed in.

however it will need an adaptor to be fashioned to have the boost feed, and also to attach the wastegate itself.

then by using trial and error with some blanking plates with holes drilled in them eventually work out a way to limit the amount of gas that passes through the outlet.

When the diameter is worked out then i can look at a proper pipework solution.

Either leave it as a bling screamer pipe (with restriction via a plate) or just get some pipe work that is the right size and feed it into the downpipe with it's own flexi joint...

So ideally i need to find a machine shop\welder in the bristol area to manufacture a few bits for me...

and on a plus note i just dropped my clutch pedal to only be slightly higher than the brake with Mattieprice's little kit - bonus
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10, 01:31 PM   #12
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds like a nice bit of development going on then, so real trial and error.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10, 03:36 PM   #13
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Yeah indeed - oh and the other bit of good news, is that the car passed the MOT this yaetr with only needing the fast pass test - had a reading of 0.95 iirc. that is 2 lower than last year as it was 2.95 then

only thing that is different are the injectors - and the car is kicking out more power than with them - so it proves to me that they are faulty slightly - either uneven flow, poor nozzle or one is just duff!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote