theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 05-04-11, 09:22 PM   #1
yellowzr

yellowzr is on a distinguished road
cars ready

Well I am off Friday 1300 miles to the other side of Benidorm lets hope the ZS does me well over there 2 weeks in the sun if you see me on the way to Dover give us a flash

Paul
yellowzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 09:23 PM   #2
grimmy

Good luck mind and take some Pics of the car in the sunshine
Old 05-04-11, 09:27 PM   #3
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Have a good trip.

If you are driving through France remember fuel is a lot cheaper in Spain, there are always filling stations near the 1st exit from the motorway once in Spain, normally open 24/7. Also fags and booze is much cheaper.

Also watch the speed on the motorways, they can fine you for traveling to fast between tolls.
Old 05-04-11, 09:33 PM   #4
yellowzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Have a good trip.

If you are driving through France remember fuel is a lot cheaper in Spain, there are always filling stations near the 1st exit from the motorway once in Spain, normally open 24/7. Also fags and booze is much cheaper.

Also watch the speed on the motorways, they can fine you for traveling to fast between tolls.
hoping to bring a boot full of fags and booze back as a roof box is on for the clothes

and hopefully tom tom will let me know the speed limit

Paul
Old 05-04-11, 09:34 PM   #5
yellowzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
Good luck mind and take some Pics of the car in the sunshine
there will be plenty of pics mate

Paul
Old 05-04-11, 09:44 PM   #6
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Motorway speed limits in Spain have recently been reduced, don't trust the tom tom on them.

Although there is no limit officially they strat to worry if you have more than 3000 fags per person, not sure on booze.
Old 05-04-11, 10:15 PM   #7
jamesc777

jamesc777 is on a distinguished road
have a great trip and remember the pics for us all.

jamesc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-11, 07:42 AM   #8
pheelay

pheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the rough
At the pumps in France, your offered SP98 and SP95-E10 (a 10% ethanol blend that isn't recommended in many older cars). Is E10 ok/recommended in our ZSes?

I wasn't aware that maybe it wasn't ok and been using the cheaper E10 for 3 years here without batting an eyelid! I guess that mine has been running fine all this time testifies it's ok. Any thoughts from the experts?

Phil
pheelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-11, 05:32 PM   #9
talkingcars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheelay View Post
At the pumps in France, your offered SP98 and SP95-E10 (a 10% ethanol blend that isn't recommended in many older cars). Is E10 ok/recommended in our ZSes?

I wasn't aware that maybe it wasn't ok and been using the cheaper E10 for 3 years here without batting an eyelid! I guess that mine has been running fine all this time testifies it's ok. Any thoughts from the experts?

Phil
I had forgotten that but as my trips in or through France only require a maximum of 2 fill ups I tend to go for SP98 anyway.