AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-12-09, 11:33 AM   #21
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
The only part of the mk2 I have trouble warming to is the rear end, too vast and reminds me of a smoothed boot as per Corsas and the like.
The smooth boot does look abit big and bare but it does make the car more modern by having the number plate on the bumber rather than on the boot. Alot of newer cars have moved the number plate to the bumper now.

The mk1 did look good in its day but it is now so 2000 with the twin headlights, chicken wire mesh and number plate on boot. Even a 5 year old mk2 can still keep up with the looks of a 2009 car.

Last edited by R8NMG; 01-12-09 at 11:36 AM.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-09, 12:47 PM   #22
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I would say that alone would not deter me from having one
Old 01-12-09, 02:35 PM   #23
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
I've not owned both, but I have driven both

To be honest I don't think Project Drive had that much of an impact. Most of the stuff removed as mentioned can be replaced easily enough.

As said the main part to look out for is an arch liner... mainly because it stops the fuel cap filling up with crap through the drain hole - you'd be amazed how much dirt can make it through a tiny hole!

Other than that the mk2 still suffers saggy bumper the same as the mk1. I think there's more space behind the front bumper, which makes fitting an induction kit or inner wing feed a bit easier - plus you can cut out the dummy vents next to the fog lights for a CAF without anyone knowing!

For me the updated dash did it the world of good. It just looks fresher and the digital climate control is a very handy feature that I miss not having now on the Impreza (that just has semi-automatic control!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny1979 View Post
lined glovebox?

think ross did all mine tbh
yeah yours has most of the important stuff done already apart from the furry glove box!

I did attempt to fit the under-dash sound proofing but the mk2 dash is totally different underneath, so it didn't fit very well and was binned

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote