theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-10-17, 02:28 PM   #1
AdamElphick

AdamElphick is on a distinguished road
Fitted a R45 Spoiler

Well I STILL haven't gained full ownership of the car (as my mates house sale to his local Council is goign REALLY slowly and he has yet to move out!).

However on and off I am borrowing the car and doing the few bits it needs. So far sorted a rear wheel arch seam leak (seems they forgot to use seam sealer on this one!!), changed to wood dash, changed blown instrument pod bulbs, put in leather seats from R45 Mk2, replaced leaking manifold gasket and expansion cap etc.

When I broke up the R45 Mk2 I got load sof spare bots and bobs, including a nice rear spoiler. He already has the lip spoiler but I offeed the normal one up and sure enough it looked like it woudl fit fine with the lip in place - so out this morning I went armed with various drill bits, some foam backed tape, paint for the hole edges, and a 10mm socket.

Fortunately MGR thought of the spoiler when making the hatch lid and kindly marked exactly where the holes are supposed to go - so a 4mm drill bit, then opened with a 6.5mm one worked wonders. Just a tiny bit of jiggling and the studs fitted through perfectly.

I put new foam tape on the lower mounting points, popped through the bolts and did them up hand tight.

Looks pretty good for 20 minutes of effort:

Next on the list is the suspension which has been tastefully lowered - and unfortunately I live in an area of London where the local Councils went bananas with speed humps! Thinking of softening things with some Civic shocks - presume they fit a Mk2?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZS with spoiler.jpg (11.5 KB, 1 views)
AdamElphick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 02:29 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
looks good.
Old 01-10-17, 04:41 PM   #3
LukeZS96

LukeZS96 is on a distinguished road
Have the same spoiler on my Mk2 XPG ZS aswell, looks great and I think it's better than the big hatch spoiler tbh
LukeZS96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 06:06 PM   #4
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Nice one. Like that a lot.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 06:35 PM   #5
AdamElphick

AdamElphick is on a distinguished road
I am quite happy with it (even more so if I ever actually own the bloody thing permanently!).....

Was SO easy to fit I'd recommend it as an upgrade to anyone with a ZS/45 hatch - can't comment if the saloon has the same fitting points already or not so can't say if that is as easy.
AdamElphick is offline   Reply With Quote