theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-11-11, 03:26 PM   #21
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Yes guys, I have indeed bought the VAG ZS built by Reyland for Dave V6.

I offered the guy what i could afford and we came to a reluctant deal.

I do not think it has been as well looked after from when Dave had it, so i have a little tidying to do. Also the turbo seals are on there way out so a rebuild needed there.

I picked this up wednesday, he took the stack dash out as i offered such a lowly amount and i suggested he could make some money from that. So I had no dash or sensor lights. I fitted a dash yesterday but the sensors for the stack dash are still in so I only have a few lights, no revs or speedo but at least a fuel gauge.

Can I just say, I have driven some quick cars in my time having been around RSM and also friends. BUT nothing even compares to this, its a car with serious balls, it pulls so hard and grips so well in second, you change to third and expect the pull to be less, but it just goes and goes, change to fourth and the same again.

I cannot express how fast it is, so I am chuffed. Little bit of work to do like upgrade the brakes with my Brembo's, Sort the turbo, clean the inside, repaint the cage. Have already changed the oil and filter as well as sorted a exhaust issue.

The car should have massive credit to Dave and Martin from Reyland its a pure beast, and I will say now the v6 sounds nicer to rev, untill you hear the noise of the turbo on this 4 pot. No kv6, supercharged or not could match this engine i can tell you that now.

before you ask yes one side of the bonnet is up and the other not!! previous owner did it to escape heat

Some pics

as i got her before a clean

and after

and the two cars i own atm

Got camber?

Last edited by Supercharged_Z; 06-11-11 at 03:33 PM.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-11, 03:29 PM   #22
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Lucky you, sounds awesome.
Old 06-11-11, 03:31 PM   #23
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
get all the grey ones running gear in the red one i say lol
Old 06-11-11, 03:32 PM   #24
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
Vorsprung durch Technik red devil
tb steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-11, 03:49 PM   #25
big_wasa

big_wasa has a spectacular aura aboutbig_wasa has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
Not that easy due to the work on the chassis for the engine mounts.
big_wasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-11, 03:50 PM   #26
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Superb mate
Old 06-11-11, 03:59 PM   #27
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
Why spoil the red one?

James

P.S. nice collection.
Old 06-11-11, 04:41 PM   #28
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
hmmm, its not looking quite how i remember it but the essentials are still there ,ther is nothing that won't sort easily with some elbow grease..
Good idea to upgrade brakes, wilwoods struggle to cope on some tracks, fine on road though.
I had removed the fogs as i was going to put brake ducts through the bumper into the arch area, if it has the same arch liners you will see the holes i started to cut out.
Thankyou for the compliment , it really is a beast isnt it....i spent hours, days even weeks tweeking stuff, and If i could i would have brought it back myself without thinking twice.
I used to love 3rd gear for overtaking, from 30 mph it was just sooo much fun, struggling for traction as it reached peak torque.
It actually can just about lay 2nd gear cant it with the 888's on ....if its dry and warm anyway:-))), i wouldnt like to try it with normal road tyres though,lol.
atb with it, any questions that i might be able to help with just ask.

edit , i never had a problem with under bonnet heat ?!?!?!?, looks a bit odd with one side lifted, why didnt he just lift both sides the same?

Last edited by Quadcam24; 06-11-11 at 04:46 PM.
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-11, 04:57 PM   #29
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Theres no way i would try and put this in the Red zs, theres no reason to at all, plus why ruin a fantastic car on both parts.

Cheers for the heads up Dave, I havnt really had a look around it in huge depth only when I cleaned it today, I will come up with some plans soon but no rush just yet. Might do a track day in the next month if i can and go from there.

It lays its power down really well in second i found it really does push you in your seat and make you grin from ear to ear. The R888's sadly wont be replaced i dont think they are just to darn expensive. So it could be intresting. Its a shame to have it lose a bit of grip but the cost of the r888 is somthing like £150 a tyre now iirc.

The fella said it gets hot under there and thats why the coilpacks fail but im not so sure, i will raise the bonnet a little on both sides in the next few weeks. I need to see what actually goes wrong, also plum in a boost gauge and various others, do you know what boost she should be running? 23psi?

Cheers
Ross
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-11, 05:01 PM   #30
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
What a collection Ross. You keeping the red one aswell?