Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-07-17, 11:41 PM   #21
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
No way was this 20mph!
Old 16-07-17, 12:06 AM   #22
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
That floor looks nasty Sam, does the car still track straight?
Old 16-07-17, 08:01 AM   #23
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
That looks like a puncture not crease damage. Crease damage wouldn't split the metal like that, something has pierced it. The seat mount box section looks intact and not creased. Personally I would cut a section from the green one and cut the damage out and lay the good bit over the removed section, weld in place then seam sealer to finish. It doesn't look that bad tbh.
Old 16-07-17, 08:41 AM   #24
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzed View Post
No way was this 20mph!
Like I said no reason to disbelieve her, as I was in guildford at the time and not in the car. The A272 at that point is notorious for accidents, although she has slid across the road into a chevron sign And it looks like most damage is from the sign itself or trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
That floor looks nasty Sam, does the car still track straight?
It drove lovely on the way home (she didn't think it was drivable, so I rescued her and drove zs home while she drove slippy F home), not taken it out again since though.

I've noticed that the bushes on the front arb are badly worn (although it pass mot few months back..) although I'm not sure how much that would affect things...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-17, 01:25 PM   #25
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
It drove lovely on the way home (she didn't think it was drivable, so I rescued her and drove zs home while she drove slippy F home), not taken it out again since though.
In that case it should be repairable.
Old 16-07-17, 04:56 PM   #26
Drew

Drew has a spectacular aura aboutDrew has a spectacular aura about
Agreed repairable. But also look at the price of a replacement! before starting on panel work and paint.

Drew
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-17, 09:52 AM   #27
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Agreed repairable. But also look at the price of a replacement! before starting on panel work and paint.

Drew
Paint is purely the cost of paint itself and as it was going to get a respray anyway its not any extra really. (We have our own booth and she is an experienced Airbrish artist and automotive\farm machinery sprayer)

Panel work has started, I have almost pulled the rear quarter out and have fully sorted the front sill.

Work has stopped for the moment as I am waiting for a couple of tools to be delivered to finalise the rear and pull the middle bit of the sill out in a more controlled way than pliers and hammer

Now, I was going to keep the car XPG with a special finish, but after this I am wondering about completely changing the colour. I have access to ALL the Monogram colours at cheaper prices than the guys on the group are quoting, but at the moment I am thinking of TVR Cascade Copper...

With a bit of artwork hidden under the bonnet and boot maybe....

Still, I need to not get ahead of myself and to make sure it is 100% sorted bodywork wise first before buying paint!

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-17, 12:36 PM   #28
Drew

Drew has a spectacular aura aboutDrew has a spectacular aura about
Ahh bonus! I like the monograms but perhaps something unique would be a better shout.
Eventually I'd like to change colours.

Drew
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-17, 07:39 PM   #29
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Not a bad idea Sam. Would certainly stir the monogram boys up a bit!
Old 18-07-17, 08:47 PM   #30
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
They'd say .... "Yeah, decent replica mate, but it's not from the factory ! "

Do it .... I love the darker ones ... non purple though !
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote